02 | The Beach

"See aren't you glad you came to the beach," Olivia lays her beach towel on the sand, flopping on top of it while tossing her sandals off

"See aren't you glad you came to the beach," Olivia lays her beach towel on the sand, flopping on top of it while tossing her sandals off. "It's so nice out here."

"It's hot."

"If you take off your skirt and t-shirt it won't be so hot." She slides on her sunglasses over her face, stretching onto her back.

I wipe the sand that got on my skirt, sitting besides her, I open my notebook.

God is love.

I read the highlighted words.

I go down one line after another writing the following words.

God is power.

God is strength.

God is

I stop writing when a voice interrupts.

"Olivia! You didn't tell me you were coming to the beach." Olivia lifts up her glasses on top of her head and props her self onto her elbows.

"Camila!" She jumps rushing into a hug. "It was a last minute decision! I decided to show my cousin around starting with the beach!" She pulls back looking towards me.

"Audrey." I introduce myself, waving slowly.

"Camila." She nods her head and adjust the bag that she's carrying around her neck then facing back to Olivia.

"Are you out here taking pictures?" Olivia points to the black bag she's carrying.

"I got bored and decided to take some pictures of the scenery."

"Are you a photographer?" I stuff my things into my bag that I brought and begin to stand up.

"Not professionally." She grabs ahold of the case that I mistake for a bag and rubs it with her thumbs.

"Don't let her fool you Audrey! She's pretty professional! She takes amazing pictures! She took my prom pictures last year and OH MY GOSH they were magical! Show her some pictures!" Olivia excitedly jumps looking towards the camera that Camila begins to pull out of its case.

She turns it on, approaches me and begins flipping through pictures.

She shows me a ton of pictures of different beaches, flowers and a Ferris wheel.

"A Ferris wheel? Is there a carnival around here?" I look up from the camera towards Olivia.

"Yeah the carnival is just about thirty minutes away from here over at the docks. It's a massive carnival. We can probably go to it sometime while your here." I nod.

I haven't been to a carnival in ages. Last one I went to was when I was ten and I went with my dad.

My dad.