Imagine sneaking around with Kili

Set after BOTFA

It was cold and windy night, most people would probably bundle up and stay inside for the rest of the night. You on the other hand wanted to roam the kingdom, and you didn't want to do it alone either. You wanted to run around with Kili, but you couldn't technically. You were courting Kili, you had been for months now. On the quest it was different because people didn't care about the proper rules as much when your life was always being threatened. But now that your back home and everything's mainly back to normal you have to start following those rules. Unfortunately for you that includes not being able to be alone with Kili. Someone had to chaperone you two and it was getting old. You just wanted to be alone with Kili you missed it so much. It's not like you didn't get to see him, you and Kili spent every moment you could with each other. Which already that available time for you two was dwindling seeing as Kili was one of the princes so he was expected to help get the kingdom back on its feet. So a lot of the time he was stuck in meetings or something else important. Not to mention the time you two did have together, there was always another person there so sometimes it could be awkward. Like one time when Kili had just come back from a little trip that he and Fili had to make and you were just so excited to see him you had missed him so much. So when you finally got back you couldn't contain your excitement. When Kili had just walked through your chambers to alert you of him coming home you practically jumped on him and well, you started kissing him. He obviously kissed back, but Ori then made it clear we weren't alone after coughing loudly behind us. Ya, that wasn't awkward at all...
Anywho, you just wanted to have some time with Kili. You had gotten the grand idea of sneaking around with him. It was late and you were sure no one was going to be out right now. So you snuck over to Kili's chambers and as quietly as you could you opened the door and tiptoed in. You went over to Kili's bed and tapped him on the nose lightly not trying to startle him, you never know he could have a knife laying around here. The Durin line was always precautious and paranoid so it wasn't a crazy idea. He opened his eyes slowly and as soon as he saw you he smiled. He pulled you closer to him and brushed some stray pieces of hair out of your face.
"Whatever are you doing here Amralime?" He said with a cheeky grin.
"Well I missed you and since it's late and most likely no one will be out I figured we could sneak out and get some alone time."
"I love that idea" he pecked you're cheek quickly before grabbing your hand and leading you of of his room.
"Where are we going?"
"I know a place" Kili looked back at you with an all too familiar mischievous grin.
Kili kept dragging you around the kingdom till he reached his destination. On the way there you two kept giggling trying to be quiet.He brought you up to a balcony that had a wonderful view. You walked over to the edge and looked out.
"Kili it's beautiful."
"Almost as beautiful as you" he said as he came up behind you and wrapped his arms around your waist. He rested his head on your shoulder and kissed your cheek. "I cannot wait till we are married so we don't always have to have someone watch us and we can have moments like these."
"Me too." You two started swaying together. Kili spun you around and settled his hands on your hips. He brought you close and you reached your arms around his neck. You two stared into each others eyes seeing the love in them. You two leaned in to kiss and right as you did you felt a raindrops start to pour down on you two. You both laugh and Kili picks you up and spins you around. But you don't go inside. You two continue dancing and giggling. After 30 minutes of goofing off and just talking with each other in the rain Kili says that you two should probably go back inside before you catch a cold. You protested this of course but he was right. You were freezing, you had started to shiver. Kili wrapped his arm around you and walked with you inside.
"Warming up?"
You nod and smile up at him. You were having so much fun, and it was so nice to be able to have alone time. You got a little sad when you saw your chamber doors getting close as Kili walked you there. As you arrive at your door you stop and you frown as you look up at Kili.
"I don't want this to end"
"Oh Amralime, it's ok. It's not like we're never going to see each other again. I will see you tomorrow. And the next day, and the next day after that. And just think, after we get married we can have nights like these anytime you want." Kili says rubbing your cheek gently with his thumb trying to comfort you.
"I know, but the wedding just seems so far away."
"It's only a month away darling"
"Will you stay with me tonight? Just this one time, you can leave in the morning and if we get in trouble I'll take the blame."
"Of course my love. But no you won't. I choose to stay so you will not take the blame." He smiles down at you.
You rolled your eyes before pulling Kili in your room. You laid down in your bed, Kili following you and laying down next to you. You faced him and stretched your neck to reach him and kissed him. He kissed back passionately but gentle, like he was afraid he was going to break you. When you broke apart you pressed your forehead to his and you both stayed there for a moment before lying down. You laid your head on Kili's chest and snuggled up close to him. He wrapped his arms around you and kissed the top of your head.
"Goodnight Amralime." Kili said sleepily as he closed his eyes.
"Goodnight Kili." You said as you did the same.
You fell asleep in each other's embrace. This was not the last time you would do this before you two got married. You were so happy you got this idea earlier. You only wished you had thought of it sooner.

The end! Hope you liked this one, I know I loved writing it. The whole scenario is so cute 😩 Also I don't know if any of you know the song Je te laisserai des mots, but for some reason that's the song I imagined like playing in the background while dancing in the rain.