Chapter 7

"Dan, thankyou very much for your offer but I couldn't place that burden on you and Phil. Plus, Dad is a genius. He will have his ways to find me and when he does-"

"Gems," Gems. I've never been called that before. I like it. "Don't worry about your Dad. Being YouTubers, we have our ways of keeping stalkers at bay. We will protect you, I promise. And as for placing a burden on us...that's bullshit. We would be honoured if you would stay with us. Pack your things, I will be outside your house at 1:00am. Okay?" I cried a little bit more knowing that someone cared. "Okay." I agreed.

*****************************

One duffel bag. Only one duffel bag of my belongings. I can't believe how quickly my life is about to change. Dan freaking Howell asked me to live with him. No more abuse, no more fear. I can't wait. I stared at the time on my phone, waiting for it to be 1. It read 12:34. Shit, I was so restless, what was I meant to do for half an hour? I already made sure Dad was asleep. Now what? I didn't have to worry long though before I heard a tap on my window. I looked down to see Dan throwing rocks. When he saw me he grinned and notioned for me to come down. I took a deep breath before heading downstairs.

I can't believe how easy that was. I just slipped out the front door without Dad even making a sound. He doesn't worry about me leaving because he knows how scared I am. "It's a bit of a walk to the train station, sorry. I don't have a car." Dan said sheepishly.

"It's okay. As long as you stay close to me, I'm scared of these streets." He laced his fingers through mine to keep me by his side.

"I will don't worry." I felt content knowing he is there. "I talked to Phil about you staying and he is totally fine with it. But he won't be up when we get home so you will have to meet him in the morning, okay?"

"Alright," I say. We made it into the train and sat down. There were only 2 other people in the train, some teenagers with skateboards. I watched them look me up and down, from my long black fringe to my black converse, then Dan, from his brown fringe to his red converse and then looked at our interlocked fingers and scrunched their noses up in distaste. Dan pulled me in closer and I rested my head on his shoulder.

*****************************

"This is our spare room. We mainly use it for storage but you can stay here." I looked around. It was a bit messy but with a small clean out, this could be my bedroom! There was already a bed, a desk and a wardrobe. "It's really late, so get some sleep. You can sleep in as long as you want in the morning, Phil and I aren't going anywhere." Sleep in. Have I ever slept in? I racked my brain, trying to think of a time, and I couldn't. This'll be a nice change.

"Thankyou so much Dan. I'm so tired that I can't even begin to express how grateful I am right now." I gave him a tight squeeze. Before he left the room and I curled up in my new bed.

***********************************