Chapter 1: The New World

<3rd person POV>
(Y/n) woke up from his nap, he then stretched and felt his bones cracking. He loosened up his joints with a satisfying crack and sighed. He then remembered that the events prior his nap happened which caused him to sigh as he sat up. He sat at the edge of the bed as he put his face in his hands. After a while, he got up and went into his bathroom to wash up. As he turned on the shower, he was surprised to see that the water still worked, but immediately dismissed it as he showered. After he finished getting ready for the day, he went over to the cafeteria to see an android that looked like an anthropomorphic animal, only instead of fur it's metal. The android turned its head towards (y/n) and smiled innocently.

Lyla: "Good morning sweetie! Did you sleep well?"

(Y/n): "Lyla?.....That you?"

Lyla: "Of course sweetie! Do you see any other A.I. Here?"

(Y/n) shrugged as he knew she had a point. He then saw that she was making breakfast. He figured that she made it for him because he's not a fucking idiot and actually knows her tendencies. So he sat down at the table where Lyla set the plate of food in front of him and sat down across from him. She watched him eat with a smile on her face as she had her head propped up on her hands while her tail started to sway from side to side.

Lyla: "How is it honey?"

(Y/n): "Just as amazing as I remember."

He said truthfully. She had always been an amazing cook. She started cooking meals for him just a couple days after his mom left. But back to present day, she smiled as he complimented her food.

Lyla: "Awww~ Thank you!"

(Y/n): "You're welcome."

He finished eating before he washed his dishes and went to the reactor core to make sure everything was in shape. And of course, Lyla followed him everywhere. (Y/n) checked the reactor core, weapon storage and weapon systems, oxygen supply, food rations and food storage and data storage. He was shocked to find that everything was in good condition and he had enough rations and oxygen to last the rest of his life.

(Y/n): "Lyla, can you check the environment topside? I want to make sure that there isn't anything hostile."

Lyla: "Of co- We have incoming."

(Y/n) quickly got a combat knife and hid as Lyla hid with him. The doors unlocked and opened to show a squad in combat armor. The leader, or who (y/n) assumed to be the leader, took off her helmet and ordered her squad to search the premises. (Y/n) prepared himself in case he needed to fight. The leader sniffed the air and smelled something, she followed it to where (y/n) was. She stood near (y/n)'s hiding spot before she spoke up.

???: "I know you're there. Please come out. I don't want to hurt you."

She said calmly and reassuringly. Against his better judgment, he felt like he could trust her. He stepped out of the hiding space with Lyla.

(Y/n): "Who are you, and what do you want?"

He asked as he showed no signs of emotions, while the leader was shocked that the person standing in front of her is a human.

???: "A human?! But how?"

(Y/n): "Answer the questions. I don't like wasting my time."

Blake: "O-Oh, my apologies...My name is Blake Valentine. And we're here to see if there was anything salvageable or if we could find anything to help us."