seven

i turned around to see spencer with a grin on his face.

"fuck, all the stars are coming in tonight. don't blame em though," he winked "this place is class." i let out a laugh at spencers comment. "what can i get you, lad, it's on the house." the tall, parka wearing man smirked, but looked a little sheepish as he spoke up.

"cheers, mate. i'll just have whatever rosy cheeks here is havin'." i felt my whole face burn up in embarrassment at his comment. spencer nodded with a grin as he poured him a pint of lager. liam sat down in the barstool next to me and turned to make eye contact with me. he stuck out his hand. "i'm liam, nice to meet you." he spoke.

i took his hand, blushing as i smiled. "you too, i'm lyla," i replied, turning and motioning to kate i continued, "and this is my friend kate." she nodded at liam with a smile before speaking up.

"i'm gonna head outside for a smoke and then i'm gonna ring johnny." kate spoke with a blush. her and johnny depp had been going out for a couple of months and they were one of the cutest couples i knew. i nodded and kate grabbed her purse, making her way out of the pub.

"so," i began. "you're in a band."  i tried not to seem all too interested, keeping a cool exterior as this chain of events seemed all too familiar. i was beginning to think i shouldn't have let kate leave, even if only momentarily. liam laughed in response, rubbing the back of his neck.

"most birds would be really impressed by that, y'know," he stated, and i bit my lip at his cheekiness. he was different than damon in that way. yes, damon was blunt when he wanted to be, but he was more sensitive. liam would tell you how it was, no matter what you thought. "but my guess is that i ain't the first rockstar you've met, miss supermodel."

"i don't know what to say," i began, slightly suspicious at how he was trying to single me out from other women and play the whole "you're just not like most girls" bullshit. 

"well, i have some extra tickets to one of me bands' upcoming shows, you should come. bring your friend." he spoke, putting the tickets down on the bar. i bit my lip as he didn't break eye contact with me.

"hey, if you don't want 'em, i'll gladly go." spencer spoke, raising a hand. i let out a loud laugh at his, putting a hand over my mouth, i turned back to liam. there was just something about him that charmed me, and i felt myself, once more, leading from the heart and not the head. but i couldn't stop myself and so i agreed.

"fuck it, i'll see you then." i spoke, finishing of my pint with a swig and grinning at him. he grinned back and stood from the bar stool he was previously sat at.

"well, i'll look forward to seeing you then, lyla." he let my name fall off of his tongue in such a way that made my heart squeeze inside of my chest. his mancunian accent perfectly wrapped around the two-syllable word that was my name.

i watched as he made his way back to his previous table, with a group of lads. i grabbed my purse, the tickets and bid spencer farewell before heading outside to find kate. she stood outside of the phone booth smoking a cigarette which she offered to me. i took a drag and handed it back to her.

"so," i began, letting the smoke go out of my nostrils. "we're going to an oasis show..." i looked down at the date on the tickets in my hand. "on saturday." i held up the tickets as proof, with a sheepish smile on my face.

"you go, girl!" kate nudged me, winking. "you and the damn rockstar's, they come in flocks," she spoke with smoke coming out if her mouth. i wanted to argue with that, but i couldn't.

"sad, but true," i replied as we began walking down the street to hail a cab. we now lived together, kate and i, in a luxury flat much larger than the previous ones we lived in. 

once we arrived, i let out a sigh of relief to no paparazzi huddled outside. i unlocked the front door and flopped onto the large white sofa in our living room. the flat had large french windows with white curtains in the living room that pointed out to the cloudy city. kate plopped down on the couch next to me and turned on our new tv.

"so, what are you thinking for pre-concert prep?" she spoke excitedly, rubbing her hands together. her favorite pastimes were pampering, and when we weren't working we loved to frequent spas around town. 

"i dunno, maybe some face masks?" i replied with a yawn. she rolled her eyes in response.

"that's no fun, though!" she exclaimed. she jumped off of the couch, went over to our phone and began dialing a number.

"what are you doing?" i laughed. 

"i'm calling over the pampering team! not just face masks, but waxing, massages, and facials!" she spoke giddily with a mischievous expression. she finished typing out the number and pressed the call button, holding it to her ear as it rang. she spoke momentarily on the phone before she hung up.

"tomorrow we have an at-home luxury spa day, my dear!" she spoke in a posh accent. i jokingly groaned, but in reality, i was grateful for a relaxing girl's day. i always felt so pampered after a spa day with kate, and we hadn't done one in a while due to our hectic schedules.

as the night sky darkened until we could see the stars, we watched shitty soaps and giggled about what could happen in the next few days.