Chapter 14

By: Krazy_Katrina

GoldPaw's POV

        It had been over a month now since SpottedPaw had joined NaturePack. GoldPaw always saw SpottedPaw running around bringing moss and bile for ticks to the elders. She also saw her around ShadowClaw during eating time or sharing tounge time, which was where two dogs each got together and talked about their day. GoldPaw was starting to feel lonely every second of every day, but she also felt happy for SpottedPaw in many ways. GoldPaw wished she had someone to talk to and love, but she knew no one liked her in that way. She padded over to the fresh kill pile and took a squirrel. IcePaw came over too and took a mouse. She looked over at him and saw that he was waiting for something.

        She got up and padded over to him and asked, "What are you waiting for? You have been standing there for some time and I had an untouched squirrel when you came over."

        He replied with no hesitation, but with a touch of amusement. "You're silly GoldPaw. I was just waiting to see if you wanted to join me in eating. I mean would you like to join me in eating?"

        GoldPaw was shocked. She wouldn't have guessed that IcePaw was waiting for her to sit with him and eat her last few bites of her squirrel. "Sure IcePaw! Just let me grab the remains of my squirrel and I'll be right there."

        He nodded and smiled, then padded to a spot, sat down, and waited for her to be there with him. She felt a tingle run threw her body as she picked up her squirrel and padded closer to IcePaw. Maybe this was her chance at something that ShadowClaw and SpottedPaw have? Or maybe IcePaw was being really nice to her just to become a warrior sooner. No. Yes. Maybe? She was really confused, but she managed to make it through eating with IcePaw. She touched his shoulder with her tail to say thank you and she padded to the apprentice's den to think and also to go to sleep. This was one long day and GoldPaw had to find out her own path.