-Chapter Nine-

*Aylina's POV*

I held Kian's hand tightly as we sat quietly in the Dr. Evans office. The pristine bright white lights beat down on us. The clean pure walls and the bleached tiles brought back such a sense of uneasiness. The only thing missing was the faint smell of blood that used to linger in that old lab.

"Aylina?" Kian called quietly, "It will be okay. I'm always here for you."

I nod my head faintly.

Dr. Evans walks in in a hurry, "I'm so sorry future Alpha and future Luna. I got caught up in the clinic."

She sets down her briefcase and begins to look through the files, pulling out the yellow file with my name on it. It sent a shiver down my spine.

"Aylina... before I begin. Are you aware of the full effects of what they did to your body?"

"No, I have no idea what they were doing to me. I only got snippets of conversation, but they ran so many tests that I could never fully piece it together," I admit in frustration. Fifteen years of my life went to their experiments to never even know what they were doing.

"My apologies Aylina. I wish I could have given this information to you sooner. I just had to run my data against the files we retrieved from the lab."

"You-you were able to retrieve those files?" My body went numb and I felt a panic rise in my stomach. Did Kian read those files? Does he know what happened in the lab? Does he know what I did to survive?

"Would you like me to begin?"

I nod my head, unable to form words. There was no point in hiding this from Kian now. The likelihood he has already read through it was so high.

"Okay there is a lot to sum up here so bare with me. In the beginning of your time spent there, they spent a lot of focus on the human without the wolf. What would be your weaknesses and if they could stop your shift. In this era they tested a lot of poisons in small doses, silver, wolfsbane, and different concoctions. Somehow, your wolf survived this and you were still able to shift. It seems after your shift, the direction of their research changed," she starts off carefully, watching Kian's reactions.

"After your wolf shifted they noted the resilience of your wolf. They wanted to test how to make it stronger. Increase your healing abilities, see if they could add any abilities, and work on any flaws in the concept of the wolf. They noted trying to still keep you sedated but making sure that you would be able to win your fights," Dr. Evans continued.

"They did change the motion of their experiments, but they still kept it painful," I told her pointedly. She nodded her apologetically before sighing.

"Dr. Evans, what exactly does this mean for Aylina? What are the long term effects of this?" Kian asks, his eyes pitch black but he seems almost deathly calm.

"Long term we still have a lot of tests to do. For now we know that, Aylina, that you are stronger than the average wolf. The amount of wolfsbane they were injecting into you should have killed even an Alpha in your later tests. Your tolerance for poisons is incredibly high and your healing ability is far superior to any average wolf. For the effects of those tests on your strength, we would have to do an intense physical," Dr. Evans informs me.

I sigh, taking in all the information, "Why would they try to improve my strength and wolf?"

"I'm only a Doctor, Miss Aylina. Future Alpha Kian, I would bring this up with your father. If these doctors are still on the loose, these experiments and the knowledge we know now from reading through all the files indicate something far more sinister at play."