chapter 28. An intruder...

Nikolas: when I went home to check on the fire, it was not much Sevier but when I inspected the kitchen, I noticed the gas pipe leakage was the reason of the fire. But the thing that made me lose my temper was that the pipe was cut with a sharp object on purpose. Which means this was all setup but who could have done that? I was furious I went straight to the security room and punched the security man who was operating the cameras. "How can you be so careless?"

Security: "sir I have no idea how did this all happen."

Nikolas: "someone purposely caused this fire in my kitchen, what the hell were you any your team doing? Do I pay you to be so careless? I want to see the footage now. And then I will decide what to do with you guys."

Security: "yes sir I will play the recordings now. Sorry sir."

Nikolas: "keep your sorry in your pocket and just get started with your work or else you will have a bullet between your eyes." The security guys were scared but they hurriedly started running the CCTV footage on the screen. They fast forwarded it to the time of the incident. After a few seconds we saw a woman entering in our kitchen from the window. She had her face covered. She was so smart that she had covered herself so well that we couldn't find a single detail about her from that footage. She went near the gas pipe took a knife from the kitchen table and gave a small cut on the pipe. Then she took the knife and jumped out the window. I was so disappointed and angry at my staff. How could none of them notice her? "I want you guys to find out who she is till tomorrow morning and if you don't, be ready to kiss good bye to your job, all of you." I had to pull myself together before going and seeing my mom. I know she is going to be mad at me for missing my father's funeral. But I had to face it all. I went to her room and gave a knock at her door.

Mrs. Lincoln: "go away Nikolas. I don't want to talk to you."

Nikolas: I know my mom was upset but I had to talk to her so I went in. she was standing near the window and crying herself out. I went near her and took her hand in my hand. "Mom I know you are upset with me but let me explain myself."

Mrs. Lincoln: "what could have been more important than your father's funeral boy?"

Nikolas: "mum I know that I was not so close to dad but that doesn't mean I will disrespect him even when it's time for the last good bye."

Mrs. Lincoln: "then what was the reason?"

Nikolas: "there was an intruder in our house who tried to set the kitchen on fire. As soon as the fire alarm rang one of my guard called and informed me about the fire so to handle all this situation I had to go. And I can't ignore all this specially when it comes to your safety because you are the only family I have. So, I am sorry if I have hurt your feelings."

Mrs. Lincoln: "just leave me alone for a while, I will be fine by myself. Please."

Nikolas: "if that's what you want then ok, but remember one thing that I love you more than anything mum. I can't afford anything happening to you." after saying this I went out of her room closing the door behind me. I could hear her crying even from the other side of the door which was breaking my heart.