4-Musical Instruments

*edited*

The next morning Matt was rudely woken up by an obnoxiously loud knocking on the door. He moaned and covered his head with his pillow. The knocking continued.

"It's open," he grunted.

A handsome, brown-haired boy with a very flirtatious smile walked in.

"Jack! How are you?" Mickey exclaimed, poking his head out of the bathroom door. Their room had an ensuite, Matt had nearly yelled with delight when he saw it for the first time. Mickey's toothbrush was hanging lopsidedly out of his mouth.

"Great! How are you Mickey, I haven't seen you since before the summer holidays!" Jack replied.

"Ah, I'm okay. Rose broke up with me though, she said she just wasn't 'feeling it' anymore. Apparently she's been into this 'John Smith' fella for awhile." Mickey said, looking rather downcast.

"Hard luck," Jack slapped him on the back in what was probably meant as a comforting gesture, then turned to look curiously at Matt. "Who are you then, sleepy head?" He laughed.

"Matt yawned. " Mmph....Matt," He yelped suddenly as Mickey yanked the curtains open and shielded his eyes from the light that shone through the window. "Rise and shine Doctor," Mickey said with a grin.

"Nice to meet you Matt, I'm Jack Harkness, captain of the school's soccer team."

Matt smiled groggily at Jack and swung his legs out of bed.

>>MAGICAL TIMEY WIMEY STUFF!! IT IS NOW 1:30pm!!<<

Matt was trying and failing to find the science labs. He could feel a pit of dread starting to form in his stomach; he was going to be late for class. He'd already gotten lost twice, turned three wrong corners and gone around in a circle.

Finally he made it to the designated lab, just as the bell rang. Matt sighed in relief and quickly found a seat, dropped his bag on the ground beside it, and fell haphazardly into the chair. Nervous, he rubbed his hands together. Science was his favourite subject, next to astronomy of course. He loved learning about anything at all that was remotely linked to timey wimey stuff.

Someone sat down beside him and started taking out their things. Matt looked up and, to his pleasant surprise, saw Clara. A strange, fluttering feeling erupted in his stomach. He decided to ignore it.

"Hello!" He said, smiling his big, goofy smile.

Clara looked up, surprised.

"Oh! Hey Matt, I didn't know we had biology together!"

"Me neither!" said Matt happily. "So! What have you been up to today?  See anything interesting? Unusual? I met a boy once who found a fossilised Triceratops skeleton underneath his school on his first day there. Apparently he was examining the ground and hey presto! There was the dinosaur. Bit rubbish to be honest. Why would anyone be examining the ground in the first place? It's a bit boring. Space on the other hand, is amazing. All its planets, stars and moons. Plus it's getting bigger every day, about a billion billon times a second. Now that's big. And another time—"

"Rambling," Clara pointed out, smiling.

"Oh, sorry,"

She laughed. "What are you sorry for? You didn't do anything!"

Matt grinned sheepishly and fixed his bow-tie, even though it was already perfectly straight.

Before either of them could say another word, their teacher walked in and the chattering died down.