7-All Hallow's Eve

*edited*

Matt looked at himself in the mirror. He had his costume on and was ready to (rock and) roll.

"I am Dean. Totally Dean. I love pie. Pie pie pie. And did I mention pudding? Where's Sammy? I'm going to see Cas in a few minutes. Castiel the angel..." He ran his hand through hair nervously. "Brilliant. Now I'm talking to myself." He muttered.

Knock knock knock knock

Clara–or rather, Cas–opened the door.
"Matt! You look fantastic! Sarah's gone down to the grounds already, how do I look?" Matt grinned. "Amazing."
She was wearing a long, light-brown, trench coat over a dark suit and a backwards tie. She was wearing a short haired wig and, basically, her cosplay was awesome. "C'mon then, what are we waiting for!" He said, holding out an arm for Clara.

*later that night*

"I VOLUNTEER MATT!" Clara yelled, pointing at the gangly 'Winchester' beside her.
"Wha–NO! No no no no no. Absolutely not. No, no, nopity nope." Matt replied."Yes yesity yes, I think you mean." Clara giggled, pushing him out of his seat. "ButI can't sing!" He whispered desperately. The look she gave him was something in between we-both-know-that-is-not-true and the look of amusement teachers' give you when you try to tell them that aliens stole your homework for scientific research.

"Alrighty then, up you come Matt," John Smith—who was in charge of the music and dressed as Death—said into the mic. The Doctor shot one last pleading look at Clara, who gave him an over enthusiasic double thumbs–up. John patted him on the back when he reached the makeshift karaoke stage. "Okay audience, you get to choose what song Winchester here will sing," he said in his northern accent. "I believe the choices are between: Eye of the Tiger, Carry on My Wayward Son, and Uma Thurman."

The spectators ended up choosing Eye of the Tiger, Matt knew it was Dean's favourite song (tumblr) so he reasoned that that was why.

Wanting the ground to open up and swallow him whole, he adjusted the microphone, and the show begun.

"You were brilliant!" Clara squealed.
"Was I?" stuttered Matt, blushing.
She laughed, hesitating, and kissed him on the cheek. Matt smiled widely, the now familiar fluttery feeling exploding in his chest.
"Come on, let's go find Sarah Jane and the others," Clara said, grabbing Matt's hand and pulling him into the crowd.

They found Sarah, along with Mickey, Jack, Rose and Billie (Rose's roommate), on the dance floor right in front of the stage. Matt and Clara could literally feel the awkwardness radiating off of Mickey and Rose, so everyone was inwardly relieved when Rose excused herself by saying that she had to meet John somewhere.

Jack broke the silence by asking Billie to dance. Sarah told them everyone that their costumes were great and asked them if they wanted food. Matt politely declined, being on stage had made him slightly queasy, but Clara said she wouldn't mind some chips and Mickey asked for a double hot-dog with extra ketchup.

They all danced for a bit while Sarah Jane went to get the food. Not proper dancing, more like goofing off. Matt performed his signature move he said was called the 'Drunk Giraffe', which sent Clara into heaps of laughter.

As the night dragged on, people began to leave. Everyone would probably have been more than a little drunk by now, but alcohol was banned on school grounds and the usual booze dealer was sick, so water and soft drinks it was.

Eventually there was only about 10 people left on the dance floor. Sarah Jane had left a while ago (schoolwork, she said), Billie had gond back to her dorm, Mickey was god knows where, and Jack was chatting up a group of girls at the far end of the floor.

"Last song people! Here it is, Oblivion by Bastille." John Smith announced.

Matt took a deep breath and plucked up his courage. "Care to dance?" He asked Clara. She nodded, smiling shyly.

It was a slow enough song. Clara put her hands around Matt's neck, and he rested his hands on her waist. She laughed softly and straightened his bow-tie.

When you fall asleep,
With your head, upon my shoulder,

They swayed in time to the music.

When you're in my arms,
But you've gone, somewhere deeper.

Matt looked down at Clara and smiled breathlessly.

Are you going to age with grace,
Are you going to age without mistakes,
Are you going to age with grace,
Only to wake and hide your face.

A tear rolled down Matt's cheek. Not a sad tear, though. Clara wiped it away with a soft stroke of her thumb.

When oblivion,
Is calling out your name,
You always take it farther,
Than I ever can.

Matt tentatively reached out and brushed a strand of hair out of her eyes. Clara rested her hand over his. He smiled. Before they knew what was happening, they're lips met and it was as if the world had stopped spinning. She tasted sweet, like vanilla and chocolate. Matt didn't know what to do with his hands at first, he just waved them about until Clara placed them on her shoulders. It was the best moment of his life.

They broke away, laughing lightly.

"Will–do–can," Matt stumbled over his words. "Do you want to be—" he was cut off by Clara kissing him again. "Yes silly," she said, resting her hair on his chest. "I will be your girlfriend."

Matt couldn't remember when he had smiled more in his life.