24- Sapnap

"Are we nearly there yet?" George asked for the millionth time.

"I swear to God if anyone asks me that one more time we're gonna have issues" Sapnap snapped.

It was 4:00pm but the sun was still overheating everyone as they drove to the everglades. Quackity and Karl took no notice of Sapnap's bad mood and just giggled and whispered with each other.

Dream was sat in the front of the car, giving directions to Sapnap who was driving. This left a very bored and very nervous George in the back. What does he mean 'can I talk to you guys later'? Does he kno- NO! Of course he doesn't.

George was getting more and more anxious as he thought about it. He even considered telling Sapnap about there relationship; he'll have to find out eventually, they all will. But he couldn't risk the news getting to his parents especially since they were coming over in a few weeks to see George's new apartment and friends.

Something that he hadn't told anyone yet is that he has very homophobic parents. When he found out that he was gay he already knew they were homophobic but he wanted to see how they'd react if they knew. He started giving hints just to test if they'd accept him.

One day he came home late from school, just having been in the mall shopping with friends. He changed into the skirt and crop top that he had just bought and tiptoed downstairs to where his parents were.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" His dad asked immediately, pausing the TV. His mother looked over and gasped, not in a good way.

"D-do you like it?"

"George it makes you look... well gay" His mum said, whispering the last bit as if she were scared of the word.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Of course it is! You don't want people thinking you're gay. Hopefully those clothes will fit your sister so we don't have to return them." His father replied.

"Did anyone see you buying them?" His mother seemed concerned. 

"My friends might have seen?" He got a few gasps as a response followed by some mumbling between the parents.

With a defeated expression, the poor boy trudged back up the stairs and got changed, later he would burn the clothes in the garden.

His parents never got the hint and eventually he realised that he'd have to lie if he wanted to keep his family. And so he has. He's been lying for years now and it's worked so far. He's always cautious around them though, terrified he'll give himself away somehow. And now that they'll be visiting in a few weeks and he's dating Dream, he was even more terrified that he'll give it all away.

That is why he didn't want to tell anyone. The fewer people that know, the less likely it will be for them to find out.

I'll have to tell Dream about them at some poi-

"And we've arrived!" Sapnap smiled.

They were at the everglades tour guide centre and had booked a tour boats for the marsh.

They walked inside and Quackity talked to the receptionist. Eventually they were outside, next to the boats and were just waiting for their tour guides.

This is what it looks like if you didn't know. And yes I used a picture from The Next Step which is a kids show about dancing. Idec at this point, judge me all you want

Each boat could only seat three people plus the tour guide so they had to split into groups

"Quackity and Sapnap can be in my boat and Dream and George in the other?" Karl suggested.

"Actually I'll be in Dream and George's" Sapnap spoke up. 

George gulped.

Karl looked a little offended but he nodded anyway. As for Dream, he could see how nervous the brunette was getting. He desperately wanted to hold his boyfriend's hand to comfort him but he knew that would do the opposite of helping since that was the exact thing George was afraid of. He didn't want Sapnap to know. 

Instead Dream lowered his head and whispered "relax Georgie. Everything will be fine. Even if he knows, nothing can separate us." 

That seemed to work like magic. George's breathing slowed to a steady pace and his shoulders stopped tensing. Although, all that got replaced with a deep red shade covering his face.

--------------Time skip-------------- 

The tour was almost over and George was so relieved that Sapnap hadn't said much until he finally spoke up with a serious tone.

"So... Dream, George, remember how I wanted to talk to you?

"What no? When did you say that?" Sapnap smirked at George's terrible lying abilities.

"I'll get straight to the point. You guys are dating aren't you?"

"Wha- No where did you get that idea?" He smirked again at George's blatant lie.

"Well you clearly have something going on. Yesterday you told me you had feelings for Dream and then you disappeared together and came back acting super sus." He laughed as the two in front of him blushed equally as much. "I don't know how the others didn't recognise your voices but it was obviously you two last night. Maybe you sound different when you moa-"

"Don't finish that sentence!" George cut him off. "Fine. We are in a relationship but it's very new and we don't want anyone to know because of... reasons." He looked at Dream.

"Would you mind not telling anyone?" Dream asked calmly.

"Not even Karl and Quackity?"

"Not even Karl and Quackity." Dream repeated.

"Fine. I'm very happy for you guys." He smiled. "But please try to keep the sex quieter." He smiled even more at the reactions he got in return.

--------------Time skip--------------

"What got you into such a good mood?" Karl asked as they stepped off the boat.

"Just a really good tour." Sapnap lied and put one arm around Karl and another around Quackity. He led everyone back to the car and drove back with the smile not leaving his face.

~1022 words~

A spider crawled over my laptop while writing this and I screamed so loudly! It's 12:27am so I probably woke up my whole family

Emoji: 🕷️ It's not weird like the rest but it's fitting considering the circumstances

Vote?

-Esme