Norman POV

He sat in his room, waiting, thinking. Every time he thought about it, his chest hurt. It’s not like he MENT to do it, Mother knows that much. Oh… Mother. Such an innocent woman. How would she deal with him?

Maybe she wouldn’t have to deal with him if she kept her nose in her own business. It’s her fault she stopped him from going into the woods and doing his unfinished business. He could have made things better for his mother, but NO! She had to go and stop him.

He could feel his pulse racing, but he tried to calm himself down.

“Norman?” Sounds like mothers home.

“Yes Mother?” He asked, walking down the stairs.

“Annika, That girl that just recently just got here. Her car is parked out front but she’s not in her room. Have you seen her?

“Umm,” he stuttered. He had to think of something.

“Yes mother. She told me that she was taking a walk in the woods. You know those woods across the street. She left just before you pulled up.” She looked at him with curiosity in her eyes.

“Okay, Norman. It’s almost midnight. You should get some sleep. You’ve got school tomorrow.”

“Mother, can I sleep with you,” He said, sounding like a child.

“Not tonight sweetie.”

“Okay, Mother.”

He watched mother spin around and walk out the door.

As mother walked out, shutting the door, Norman reached over and shut his lamp off. Then he lay in his bed for what seemed to be the longest time. What was going to happen to him? Was mother going to send him to… A MADHOUSE???!??? He couldn’t survive it there. He might as well killed himself now.

“Norman, Honey?” he heard his mother say. He reached to turn the light on, and when he turned the light on, he gasped. Mother was soaking wet. Her hair was in clumps. Her clothes were damp. He jumped to the ground and ran over to his mother.

“What happened mother,” He asked her, helping her to the bathroom to dry herself off.

“I did it again. I didn’t like the way she was looking at you. She’s a bad person, Norman. I did you a favor.”

“You mean, you killed Annika? But, you just asked where she was.”

“That was a test. I should be guilty. I’m the worst mother ever. Can you ever forgive me?”

“Mother, of course I can. You’re just a little sick. Come and lay in bed with me,” Norman said, walking his mother back to his room.

“Norman?”

“Yes, Mother?”

“You have to keep this a secret. If you don’t, they’ll take you away from me.”

“Of course I can, Mother.”

Little did Norman know was that Norma stood just behind his closed bedroom door, listening.