[ 𝐟 ] ⋆ 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗷𝗶𝗿𝗼 𝘀𝗮𝗻𝗼 ⋆

we meet again | fem!reader make sure to vote⋆ ➵ ⋆

make sure to vote
⋆ ➵ ⋆

WEEKLY TRIPS TO YOUR favorite dorayaki bakery was no surprise to the workers, they knew you as a regular after just a few weeks of opening.

the endless flavors you could choose from always kept you coming back, it was never a bore for you. the workers enjoyed your company as much as you enjoyed theirs.

they got their money and you got your favorite snack. a win for both parties.

"the amount of dorayaki you eat weekly is quite a sight," lola leaned over the counter, watching as you looked through the display glass for your flavor of the day.

"we both get our moneys worth don't we? you should be happy for my visits," your e/c eyes looking at her for a few seconds before looking back to the display.

lola shook her head with a small scoff, "well you and mikey come here so often, you might as well live here or just work here."

the sound of the bell at the entrance echoed throughout the bakery, your eyes never leaving the case until a voice beside you spoke.

"do you have a favorite flavor?"

your eyes moved to the male that was gazing back at you, hands stuffed in his pockets with a small smile plastered on his lips. almost shoulder length blonde hair with some tied back, his dark black eyes taking in your features.

"all the flavors are good so no particular favorite. though the red bean one does out rank them," you replied with a nod.

"i see you have good taste then, i'm manjiro sano by the way but you can call me mikey," he freed one hand from his pocket for you to shake.

you turned your gaze to lola who quickly averted her eyes before taking mikey's hand in your own, shaking it firmly, "y/n l/n but you can call me n/n."

he nodded his head in acknowledgment before you both mutually pulled your hands back, "well it was nice meeting you n/n, i hope to see you again soon."

and with that, mikey left with his dorayaki and paid off yours. after that, you didn't see him again whenever you visited the bakery.

⋆ ✥ ⋆

after a couple of weeks, you gave up at the thought of encountering him again, going about your usual business.

shaking the bottle lightly, you realized you were running low on your perfume. hence the visit to your favorite store where you get it from now.

the owner came from the back to check up on the sales before catching sight of you, "it's been a good awhile since we've seen you, we just restocked on your usual in the back."

silently thanking them, you made your way to the back as you looked at the other different scented ones. the sweet, the bitter, the fruity, even that were so strong it caused some customers to cough violently.

your eyes made it to the perfume you were looking for, the scent reminded you of a rainy day which was quite comforting as you sprayed the perfume strip to smell.

"so we meet again l/n and surprisingly not over dorayaki," mikey walks up to you as his usual smile played on his lips.

you couldn't help but scoff a little, after not seeing him for a few weeks after the incident at the bakery, you didn't think you'd see him again.

"always a pleasure to see you again, buying for yourself or as a gift" you nodded your head towards the shelves behind you.

"my half sister's birthday is coming up and i have no idea what to give her, my friend takemitchy's girlfriend suggested here. any tips?" he slightly nudged your side with a suggestive smirk.

a small chuckle escaped as you shook your head, "you're so helpless but if i were to suggest any of these.. i would go with this one," you grabbed a bottle carefully before handing it to him.

"i'll take your word for it, usually draken comes with me on trips like this but he's spending time with her," he explained with a low groan under his breath.

"you sure are a interesting one aren't you," you raised your brow as he merely nodded in agreement.

"i was actually planning on going to eat after this, mind coming along?" he offered as you both walked back up the front of the store.

"i'll take your offer if you plan on splitting the bill," paying for your perfume as the cashier handed you the designed bag.

"we can come to the agreement on that if, you can guess what my favorite thing about the kids meal is," he finished paying for his own before walking out the store with you.

you scrunched your brows in thought, what the hell could be so special about the kids meal? you then looked at mikey and pointed at him in realization, "it's the flag isn't it?"

his eyes widened before he started to pout, "how did you even guess that, like seriously?"

you merely shrugged as you smiled, "you look like the type to get excited over something like that, plus what else would be good enough to get excited over a damn kids meal?"

he placed his hand over his heart as if your words wounded him, "they make it more special. everyone knows that."

"mm nope, i think it's just you."

⋆ ➵ ⋆
i hoped you enjoyed it !

⋆ ➵ ⋆i hoped you enjoyed it !