03

dreamer
03

(from now on i'll be referring to yaoyorozu as momo, since that's what y/n calls her)

Where.. Am I?
Is this a dream..?

"(Y/n)!" A voice called to her, happiness present in their tone. The demon turned.

"Mom..?"

But she was gone.

"Hey, hey.." Another voice called. They looked a lot like (Y/n).. If fact, it was her. When she was younger. "Give in." It smiled. "You need my power... You need.. to eat..."

"...What? What're you saying..?"

It's smile only grew wider. "Face it, you can't handle it anymore, can you..? You want to eat something. Aren't you hungry?"
It stared at her. "Don't you want to eat...

A human?"

(Y/n) opened the door to the classroom, glancing around to see nearly all her classmates, her dream from the night before still fresh in her head. Although the classroom was just as she remembered, with a whiteboard at the front, and seats lining the room, it somehow felt less.. homely.

"Oh my gosh! (Y/n)! Are you okay?"

"You're all healed now, right?"

Upon hearing their voices, several memories came back to her. Memories that could be unwanted, but they were necessary.

The demon girl's (h/c) locks were slashed by her own sharp claws as he pulled her hand back to scratch Shigaraki again. Unfortunately, the Nomu saw this and waddled over- to presumably beat (Y/n) to a pulp. (Y/n) was not thinking, only seeking to destroy.
The girl kicked Nomu, sending it sliding backwards. Not much, but for a beast with a shock absorbing quirk, this should not have been the case.

Izuku hurried over to (Y/n). With every wild slash she threw, the girl was wrecking her own body as well. If the previous statement wasn't true, maybe he wouldn't have stepped in.
(Y/N) sent the boy flying back just like she had with the Nomu.
He crashed into Bakugo, both of them tumbling down in a cloud of dust, but not without the blonde boy yelling a quick "Dumbass Deku!"

(Y/n) quickly took her seat after waving to the other students, with a curt nod to confirm she was fine. The chair screeched as she scooted closer to her desk, as if a reminder of how she had disturbed the flow of peace with her reckless actions. The girl spent the class period writing apology letters. She wanted to get across just how remorseful she felt for hurting her classmates. Although it now dawned on her that apology letters were cheesy as hell, she continued to write.
What had happened that day only furthered her motivation to leave behind her quirk. Though it was powerful, the backlash of hurting her friends was too much.

As class came to an end, (Y/n) shoved all the letters in her bag. As mentioned earlier, she didn't think it was.. Good enough. A verbal apology would be better. After all, that is the standard for most humans.

There was five minutes before the next class would begin, and Momo motioned for (Y/N) to come sit with her and Jiro.

Nobody seemed to talk about the incident, and perhaps that was for the best.

"Y'know, nobody's talking about it.." Jiro began. "But you were really cool back there, (Y/n). If you and your dad weren't there, I bet we'd all be goners."

(Y/n) smiled at the girl, and bowed to thank her.

"Well, It's almost time for class." Momo smiled. "I agree with Jiro 100%, even if some of us got hurt, I think your power can be trained and used for good. Never forget that." Although the group was inside, it was as if the sun shone brighter for (Y/N). Maybe.. She wouldn't want to get rid of her quirk after all.