the clock is ticking

I think we all know by now that society pushes the narrative that if you're not successful by like 25, what's ideally the first quarter of your life, then you're a failure of a human being and worth nothing.

Obviously that shouldn't be true. That's the part of life where you should be learning the ropes! Figuring out who you are, what you want in life. Personally, I blame capitalism. No better way to exploit people and get them to make money, right?

As an idealistic young teen, I always wanted to be published by the time I was 18. Spoiler alert, I wasn't. And thank god, anything I published would've been terrible. I'm sure a future version of me will look back and say the same of my current work. But right now I feel like my clock is ticking. I'm turning 19 in a few weeks. It's about fucking time I publish something.

That's a bit of an issue given all I write is cat fanfiction. So...it's time to get into more original works. I've decided to write short stories based on Taylor Swift songs, because there's nothing I love more in the world than Taylor, and all her songs (but especially some on the Evermore album, aka the best album) would be great to base short stories off of. Let's be real, I'll get carried away and end up turning one of them into a novel or something. It's a win-win situation. The worst that could happen is that I get some writing practice in. The best that could happen is I publish a collection of Taylor Swift inspired short stories. Maybe build up an audience with swifties.

Hmm, it's just an idea and it makes me feel productive