Chapter Nineteen: A Chilling Message - Ez

I lean against the back of my chair as someone knocks on the door.

"Come in." Vy, Optic, and Sydney walk in, panting.

I rise. "What on earth is going on?"

"Mira... dead. And Walker's lost his... memory."

"Say that again?"

"We killed Mira, and Walker lost his memory. He's with us, and Cora, a Hollow Coven member, also joined us."

I stare at them. "So you're telling me you went into enemy territory, killed an enemy, convinced an enemy to join us, and you DIDN'T TELL ME?! ALL I TOLD YOU TO DO WAS GET WALKER BACK!" I breathe heavily and glower at them.

"We can explai-'' Optic starts, but is interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in," I growl. Amar walks in holding a basket.

"Ez, this was found in the lobby. I saw it during my shift." I look at the basket. It's black with a white sheet covering it.

"Brace yourselves," I say, as I carefully open the cover. Inside is a white envelope. I pull it out, on the cover and it says Ez. I open the envelope and a letter falls out. It reads:

Dear Ez,

You have come to our territory, killed one of our most skilled fighters, kidnapped one of our members, and convinced Cora to join your Coven.This calls for war.Most people say that revenge is sweet, but not for me. For me, it's purpose. Do what you want, arm your fighters, create a strategy, but know that we will defeat you once and for all. Enjoy your last moments of peace.

Sincerely,

Vicentina, The Hollow Coven Leader

P.S. This message will explode in 2 minutes, starting now.

A shudder goes down my spin as I grab the basket. Sure enough under the white blanket is a timer. It's already at 1:34...

"What's wrong?" asks Sydney. I hand her the letter and she reads it. She gasps.

"We need to find a way to disarm this bomb!" I say looking around. "Get Stella!" I yell. Amar runs out of the room as Sydney shows Vy, and Optic the letter. Less than a minute later Stella runs in, with Amar at her tail. Stella has the power of shield construction.

"No time to explain but this bomb is about to go off and I need you to put a shield around it." Stella does what I ask, the seconds ticking by. Then it's down to its last ten seconds. We hold our breaths as the bomb goes down. Then it explodes. It completely fills Stella's shield and she grits her teeth trying to hold it. Finally it goes down, everyone turns to me expectedly and I stare at them.

"I should have known. Caroline, our seer, has been predicting something like this happening. She has created a special outfit for each and everyone. Call everyone down and go to room thirty - seven. War is coming and we must be prepared for everything, because anything could come from this. Including death."