Hellhound/Dark Elf/Vampire/Succubus

A Hellhound/Dark Elf/Vampire/Succubus Mamono Fan-Fiction

Much like everything else in the Demon Realm, the moon itself has become corrupt, turning the dark-red color of ox-blood. However, the light it gives off is just as pale as it is in Lescatie, albeit much brighter. It illuminates the black dirt road ahead of me and the field of unnaturally-purple grass that stretches out for miles on both sides. The shimmering fields eventually give way to a vast glowing blue forest, flanked by a jagged mountain range behind me.

Massive amounts of corruption permeate this region, sticking to a person like moisture in a humid climate. It strikes me that what I am currently witnessing has never been glimpsed by the human eye. If one ever were to enter this fog of desire, their mind would be flooded with unclean thoughts as they began to mutate, women transforming into sex-crazed creatures of the abyss, men turning into eternally-horny incubi.

Thankfully, I have magical protection from such changes. It is essential for my first mission as a Demon Hunter.

***

Two days ago, I was given my first. The daughter of a knight, in this case the daughter of Sir Ruthven, had died from an illness that had plagued her since childhood. The vampire was given a proper burial in her family crypt, clothed in an exquisite white dress. All was peaceful until a young man was found lying in the street the next morning, fast asleep. When he came to, he told the local guards that he had been walking home when a figure had attacked him. He didn't remember anything after that and was released from custody. No one bothered to check his throat.

Unfortunately, the attacks on young men continued for the next two weeks. A curfew was enforced by the guard, but men were attacked in their own beds while they slept. A messenger had been sent to an Order stronghold to find help, but by the time he had returned with a company of soldiers, the damage had already been done.

The assailant had been spotted by a guardsman the night after the messenger was dispatched, he described, "a beautiful woman in an equally beautiful white dress." When word got out, a mob gathered at the Ruthven crypt, forcing it open and quickly discovering that the recently deceased Ms. Ruthven was missing. The disbelieving mob marched to the family's manor, breaking their way into the foyer of the home, where Sir Ruthven and his servants confronted them.

The two parties argued over the whereabouts of the missing woman, but the mob became impatient and searched the house. The vampire's room was also found empty, though the window had been left open, the curtains blowing in the gentle night breeze. The dress that she had been wearing when she was buried had been tossed on the floor, the garment itself covered in blood splotches. Search parties were formed to track down the fugitive during the daylight hours, but by then there was little chance of capturing her. A merchant's wagon was reported stolen and the man who had been the first to be attacked was missing.

Once the Order soldiers arrived, they knew exactly what they were dealing with: a vampire. An inquisition was immediately launched to cleanse the town, starting with Sir Ruthven and his servants, who were charged with harboring the monster and sentenced to death. Anyone who was attacked by the vampire had his faith thoroughly tested and killed all those who were found lacking.

Once the clean-up was finished, I was briefed with the above information and assigned to hunt down and destroy the vampire and her male helpers. An Order supply wagon provided transportation from the stronghold where I'm stationed, to the Friedemann Mountain Range and the Eastern border of the Demon Realm. After that, I was on my own, journeying into the edge of this God-forsaken land by foot.