𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒

In the dark there is always a little light. Bam learnt it when he was young. 

He hated nights, not just because the darkness, but because he was always left alone. At daytime there were always someone at his side. Mostly Rachel, the one who thaught him everything, the one who really mattered to him. 

Every evening Rachel told him a story, a story mostly from dragons, princess and love. They weren't really Bam's taste, but he listened every world with big ears. Not because Rachel always looked excited when she told these stories, it looked like that she would like to be the princess, but also because after she finished the story, Bam was left in the darkness alone. No one cared about him, it didn't matter how much time he called for someone. It was like that the whole residence disappeared. Once he went out from his room, but he found no one. He called Rachel's name, but he didn't get any response. He looked around in his parent's room, but they weren't there. No maids and no butler. Everything was silent and dark. The only one place where he didn't look around was the garden. He tip toed to the hallway, that leads to the huge garden with plants and trees, but he stoped. 

At first he just get afraid, that what if he go out from the house and something attack him, and then suddenly someone grabbed his arm and he jumped. And there was the only one person at the whole residence who didn't disappear, yet. 

"What are you doing here in such a late time, young one?" asked his uncle, who didn't really was, he just liked the idea of having an uncle. Jinsung looked down at him, like a predator to his prey. Bam gulped. Even though the man was smiling, there was something scary about him. Or maybe it was because he heard stories about the man, who killed so much people. But he wouldn't hurt him, right?

"I-I...I don't want to be alone in the dark." murmured the boy while he looked away. Not really because he was embarassed, more like he didn't want to look too weak in the man's eyes. 

"So scared we are." hummed the man, Bam shook his head. The boy's whole body tensed when he heard the male's chuckle. "Don't worry, I can understand you." 

"R-really?" The boy looked up at Jinsung, he wasn't sure if the man was sincere, or just said it to make him feel better.

"Yes. I hate to be alone too. But that's alright. Most of people don't like the feel lonely. We are social creatures after all. But don't you think that being alone in the dark can be also peaceful? No one is here, just the silence and you. Being alone is sometimes good, kiddo. You have time to think about your own thoughts. You know what, I think they spend too much time with you. You are barelly alone, someone is always at your side, so you are just unable to do something alone. If you would  be my son, then I would close you every day for one hour to a dark room alone, so you can start to think by yourself and don't be a dumbass." 

Bam furrowed his eyesbrows while he peerked up to the man. For the first time, he was relieved that the man didn't have a child. "I'm not dumb, actually Rachel always says that I'm smart." 

"Of course she says, that's her job to do." Jinsung took out a cigarette and a lighter from his pocket. "She is the one who is responsibble that you will be well thaught, imagine what your parents would think if she says that you are dumb." 

"But I'm not dumb!" Bam defended, but the male ignored him.

"However being dumb is not so bad. Sometimes the dumb ones are happier then the smart ones. Clever people need to deal with the world's problems too, while the dumb one just only with their owns."  

"And what are you?"  

"Probably an idiot." Jinsung's laugh was bitter. "If I wouldn't be one, then I'd already put you back to your bed. But who I'm to play the good parent?" he looked at the boy from the side of his eyes and smirked. "Don't tell them, it's our secret." 

Bam nod, he understand that if he told them, then both of them would be in trouble. "Where is everyone?" he asked.

"Who knows. I don't really care. Probably they are sleeping." said the male, his face turned emotless again. 

"They aren't in their doom." Bam's voice was a bit concerned, but the man didn't really care about it. 

"Hm, then maybe someone came in and kidnaped all of them." 

Bam shivered, he didn't like the man's joke at all, only the thought could make him worried and panicked. But if someone kidnapped them, then they would him too, right? And not to mention that his father not that weak to let it happen. So he just hushed away the thought. He looked up at the sky through the window, the stars were bright, maybe brighter then usual. Since Rachel talked a lot about them, he had enough knowledge to name all the constellations. He didn't really was interessted in them, but Rachel loved the stars too much, and he loved when she was that excited, so he just listened her every time over and over again, but for some reason, he didn't saw them as bright as they were in Rachel's descriptions and stories. 

"You know." Jinsung started to speak so suddenly, that Bam temped again, almost jumped a bit, he forgot that the male was beside him. "In the dark there is always a little light. Just look up at the sky. Even though you think that you are alone, remember then you never are. Look, the stars and the moon are always there and make it easier to you to tolerate the dark." 

"But you couldn't speak to them." said Bam, while peerked up at the sky. 

"No you are wrong. You can speak to them, they just won't answer to you. But believe me, sometimes it's better. Now come, it would be better if I put you back in the bed, or we'll stand there still in the morning. I don't want to get in trouble because I wasn't responsible for you. You are still a kid, so you need to sleep a lot." 

Bam didn't reply, he just followed him back to his doorm. Both of them stayed in silence until they reached the room. Bam didn't count on that the male will enter the room with him, and he didn't do it. 

"You know. I don't understand why are you so scared in the dark. You know, Bam means night too. You shoul be happy that you have such a name." 

But Bam didn't think so. The word 'night' always connected in his mind with loneliness and darkness. Even though he know that in every dark there is a little brightness.