ᴍᴇᴀɴ * ˚ ✦

╔═════════════════╗

AUTHORS NOTE

·

Thanks to the person on AO3 who requested this, there will definitely be a part two cuz I was just super busy. Thank you all so much for 500 reads!. ❞

╚═════════════════╝

He was feeling quite lightheaded when he made it to the meeting. He chose to ignore it, though. It's not like anyone alive would really care about his well-being, so why should he. Although, if caring about him would mean he would die, then maybe he wanted to consider it. He shook away the thought.

Well, it had been announced to them as a meeting, but as it turns out Ubuyashiki just decided to call them all so they could have some 'bonding time as pillars'. Not really Giyuu's thing, seeing as the rest of the pillars weren't really nice to him, but he wasn't about to refuse Ubuyashiki.

He didn't really sleep last night, unable to shake the feeling of eyes on the back of his neck. And the anxiety this brought just turned his arms into even more of a shitshow of bloody scratches and scabs over the already made ragged scars. He had had to have bandaged all the way from his biceps to his wrists on both arms, and one of his hands as well.

What was worse is he hadn't noticed that he had been scratching at his skin again and had gotten blood on Sabito's half of his haori. That had been a pain in the neck to wash out. And Sabito would definitely be disappointed in him, maybe as much as he himself was.

He had been crying last night until late in the hours of the night. He just couldn't push the intrusive thoughts away. Sleeping hadn't been much of an actual possibility though. His usual nightmare filled hours of 'rest' weren't exactly peaceful.

And... And...

He lost his train of thought, unable to even finish his mental paragraph. This happened often, he figured he must just be a bit more tired than usual.

With a start, he realized that he forgot to put any concealer on his eye bags that were very apparent this morning. Not that it really mattered that much either way, his eyes were watering so much it looked like he was crying.

"Oh look, Tomiokas crying." Shinobu's lilting voice enunciated like poisoned honey. "What, do we need to get your mother?"

That just dampened Giyuu's weakening spirit even more, damn, he was so exhausted from all of this.

'Why don't they ever shut up, they're like intrusive thoughts but in real people' Giyuu thinks to himself. It didn't help that his mother was deceased, and who knew if he was crying or if his eyes were just irritated at this point.

His head hurt, and he unexpectedly felt like he was burning up. He felt unusually tired as well, not that he was usually very energetic in the first place but that's irrelevant.

"Hey, respond to Shinobu, will you? She asked you nicely, it's not nice to ignore her." Mitsuri insisted.

Giyuu tries his best to reply, to say that he's fine and they should just leave him alone, but he can't. He literally cannot get the words to leave his mouth at all. He opens and closes his mouth like an actual fish. They just laugh at him.

"What's this, Tomioka can't even form a sentence, that's weak." Sanemi teases.

He wants to retort something, but his voice still isn't working properly. Why did they decide that they would just all be mean to him? What were their reasons for insulting him so often?

A cleverly placed foot sends him flying towards the ground and he crumples on impact, he wasn't prepared for that, but he really should have been. He pushed himself up slightly but his wrists felt so weak. Weak, like he was. Like they always said he was, and they were right.

He truly was far too weak to have the rank of pillar, he didn't deserve the title. Sabito did, though, he should be dead and Sabito should be alive. After all, Sabito was so much better than he was. Sabito was so perfect.

His vision gets blurry as he stands up, darkening around the edges of his peripheral vision. His stomach aches and he suddenly realizes that he hasn't eaten anything in over a full day. That wasn't his problem at the moment, though. The world was getting fuzzier and farther away, but he could still hear their laughter.

His vision goes completely black and he falls to the ground.

——

To say that the pillars were shocked would probably be an understatement. They certainly were not expecting for Giyuu to just pass out suddenly.

"Is he actually okay?" Shinobu asked, her doctor instincts kicking in very fast. She hadn't meant to push him so far, he was just so very easy to tease and make fun of. And what a better way to vent a little bit of her anger.

"Maybe we should take him to the infirmary? He doesn't look very good, in the health sense." Mitsuri inputs.

"Yes, you're right."

Mitsuri picks up the man with much more ease than she felt she should've been able to. "Have I just gotten a lot stronger, or is Tomioka really light?" She asks out loud.

She passed his body to Shinobu who for once actually showed her worry written across her face.

"Perhaps both, but he is surely far lighter than he should be."

A/N: I'm so sorry that I'm gonna end it here, I'm going away for a week and I'll be completely off the grid. I've been packing and I'm leaving tomorrow. I feel bad that this is so short and I will be continuing this chapter as well as all the other chapters that need to be continued. Also possibly look forward to some Rengoku x Akaza in the future because I watched the movie and uh, Akaza is a flirty freaking demon. So, peace out for now and thanks for all the support so far. All the comments are appreciated.