Depression Bearer [Chapter 2]

Chapter 2 - His Bullies
🧸(Your P.O.V.)

Once we were dropped off to school. We both waved goodbye to my Mom. Rayne and I decided we would go to the library to go play some games on the computers. As we were walking, I heard murmurs come from some other students...

"Hey isn't that the creepy kid?"

"When is he going to throw out that little stuffed animal?"

"He's like 5 years old, taking that thing everywhere."

"The girl is so weird for being friends with him."

A girl slapped the guy for saying that. "Shut up! She's one of the most popular kids in school! If she hears you saying that, just know this. Her bite is actually worse than her bark! And her bark is really bad."

Now to be honest, I don't like fighting other people. But...if they really get on my nerves or try to hurt Rayne, they're going to get smacked into next week.

Anyway, I try to ignore their words but they still kind of hurt my feelings...

"(Y/n)...don't listen to them. You shouldn't get down because other people's words don't matter." Rayne tells me.

"Thanks, Rayne." I say. "...but weren't you the one who just took his own life in my dream? Because some girl rejected you?" I mumbled those last sentences but he must've heard them.

"What did you say, (Y/n)?"

"No-nothing..." I say brushing it off. I think I'm just going to keep last nights dream to myself.

We reach the library and we sit down on the computers. We each play some different games before the bell rings.

🧸
Once the bell rang I started to walk Rayne to his class. "Are you sure you want to walk me to class today? Because, you really don't have too." He says clutching Wynter tighter to him.

"Of course," I started, "I walk you to class everyday. I don't want those bullies to hurt you...But, if you're uncomfortable with it then you can just tell me."

"N-no...it's fine, I don't mind." Rayne says. He makes Wynter's head nod up and down in agreement. I chuckle.

"Okay, if you say so."

Once we reach his classroom Rayne takes Wynter's arm and waves it to me. Rayne smiles and waves too. I wave to the both of them and walk off.

🧸
After first period, I made my way to Rayne's class so I could walk him to his next class. Which we have together.

Once I make it to Rayne's classroom I see he's standing outside of the door waiting for me. He doesn't look at me.

"Hey, Rayne...what's wrong?" I ask.

He shakes his head and starts walking in the direction of our next class. Strange... Why isn't he looking or talking to me?

"Is Wynter okay?" I ask again. Trying to get him to say something to me. He nods his head and hands the teddy bear to me. I hug Wynter close to me.

Once we make it to our next class, me and Rayne sit down at our normal tables. I give Wynter back to him.

"Oh, look at this! The creepy boy is with his teddy bear!" One boy yells walking over to us.

"Yeah, come on (Y/n), you don't need to be friends with him just because you feel bad!"

"We'll teach him that teddy bears don't matter!"

"Maybe his relationship with you doesn't matter!"

"Just like how his parents don't matter and when that old lady dies, he'll be and orphan!" All of them laugh and I grit my teeth.

"(Y/n) don't..." Rayne tries to calm me down but it doesn't work. All of them crossed the line. I rolled up my sleeve and punched the guy who talked about his parents in the face. I slapped the guy who said that teddy bears don't matter. I took the guy who said Rayne's relationship with me doesn't matter, and held him up by his collar.

"Wanna' say that sentence, again? How about you say it to my face?" I say.

He smirked, "Your relationship with creepy boy... DOESN'T. MATTER."

I flipped him to the ground and stepped on his stomach making him cough and start to choke. I kicked him over to the wall.

"Anyone else?" I asked. They all shook their heads and sat down. As soon as I sat down the teacher came in. She saw the kid with a slap mark on his face, one sitting with a bloody nose, and the other kid laying on the floor next to the wall.

"Anyone care to explain this?" She asked. One kid raised her hand and I glared daggers at her.

"Yes, Hellen?" The teacher called out to her.

"May I use the restroom?" The teacher nodded and she scurried out of the classroom. She was obviously scared.

Later, lunchtime had come and as I started to get up from my seat, one of those jerks came over and yanked Rayne's hoodie off of his head. Rayne sat shocked and I was surprised as well. Not so much by the fact that out of instinct, I had slapped the guy who did that and he walked away. But by the fact that Rayne had a bruise on his cheek.

He started coughing and a little bit of blood started dripping down his chin.
"Rayne, what happened?!" I screamed.

Tears started forming in his eyes. "That same kid who just pulled my hoodie off... He was bullying me in my last class. He punched me while the teacher wasn't looking... I wanted to fight back but I didn't want to get in trouble..." He said while looking at me.

I sighed. "Come on, let' go to the Nurse's,"

He interrupted me, "No let's just go to lunch." He started walking to the door with me close behind.

"Rayne you're coughing blood! Aren't you hurt right now?" I ask worried.

"N-no it doesn't hurt..." He says. I can tell that he's lying.

I look at him one more time. "You sure?" I ask.

He sighs. "...F-fine...I'll go after lunch..."

"You mean, we'll go after lunch." I correct him. He chuckles. Holding Wynter close to him.