|| 4 ||

𝟛𝕩𝟘𝟠
𝟛𝕩𝟘𝟡
𝟛𝕩𝟙𝟘

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The next morning Natalie had woken up earlier than usual to go for a jog. Her head was ready to explode and she needed the fresh morning air. She wanted the pictures of her husband with other women out of her head. She wanted to stop hearing everything that he has told her. She just wanted to stop. So she ran. And she concentrated on that.

Mark Sloan had the very same idea as Natalie that morning. And with Seattle having some great running routes, he couldn't help himself. He needed to clear his head as well, with the way things had turned out with him and Derek and him and Addison. It was much too messed up and he didn't know how to fix anything. Plus it was one of the rare days that it wasn't raining in Seattle. So he took advantage of it.

It was one those days that the universe plans out a sudden meeting. When you see someone out of nowhere, a place you least expected it. 

Mark had made a stop to catch his breath. He was opening a bottle of water, needed the refreshing liquid. And even if he had made a stop, his mind was still racing. The thoughts, his regrets, his constant need to feel anything else from what he was feeling. And then he spotted her. Natalie Turner. The woman that kept taking his breath away. The familiar silhouette of the cardio surgeon was passing by him. And all his worries were gone. He just wanted to talk to her, flirt with her and make her angry at him. He loved when she was telling him off a little too much. "Dr. Turner." He called out. "Good morning." Mark jogged up to her.

Natalie slowed down and turned to see the plastic surgeon smiling at her. More like his usual smirk that made Natalie want to wipe it off his face. She took a deep breath preparing herself for his flirty comments. "Good morning Dr. Sloan."

"You know, you can call me Mark. We don't have to keep things that professional." He was already by her side and they continued jogging together.

"I'd rather keep things that professional." Natalie pointed out and kept her eyes way ahead, not feeling like talking to him any longer. Not when she had to make a decision whether it was a good idea to let Isaac back in her life.

But Mark kept the conversation going. "As you wish Dr. Turner. Do you jog here a lot?" He asked her, keeping up with her pace. His head was slightly turned so he could look at her. And that could mean that he could fall on anything without even realising it. But he didn't care, as long as he could keep looking at her face. 

Natalie glanced at him, slightly frowning as she realised that he kept looking at her. But she didn't want to think much of it. In her head, Mark was only trying to sleep with her, and she also knew that it was never going to happen. "Only when I need to clear my head." Natalie replied shortly.