I Wanted You more Than Anything

Please be sure to comment and vote.  I love reading your feedback ♥️

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️

"Bucky you need to calm down," Steve said as Bucky paced back and forth in the emergency room.

"I'm trying but these fucking doctors won't tell me what's going on!" Bucky kicked the near by vending machine, causing the whole thing to shake.

"Let me go talk to the doctor, but you need to calm down before they kick us out Barnes," Nat pointed at him as she walked off to the nurses station

Bucky fell to the floor as he placed his head in his hands and cried. Emily was sitting in the waiting area drinking from her juice box as she rubbed her sleepy eyes. She walked over to Bucky as she placed her hand on his cheek. Bucky looked up at her with red eyes and tears on his cheeks.

"Bucky go hold Emily, it will calm you down and help her sleep. It's almost 2 a.m.," Steve helped Bucky up off the ground as he gave Emily a weak smile, he gathered her in his arms as he sat down. It didn't take long when she began to drift off to sleep. Steve sat right next to Bucky as he squeezed his shoulder.

"I can't lose her again Steve."

"You won't, not after all the things she's been through ." Steve stood up as he saw Nat walk back over towards them.

"So the doctors are doing a c section, they said said baby was in distress that's what caused the bleeding

"So the doctors are doing a c section, they said said baby was in distress that's what caused the bleeding. But right now she's losing alot of blood. Once the baby is out they're going to work on her," Nat looked at Bucky with glassy eyes as she wiped her tears away.

Bucky only nodded his head, not knowing what to say. He kissed Emily on the forehead as he began to rock back and forth.

"Hey, hey, don't do that. She is going to pull through. How many times have they tried to kill her, pushed her to the brink of death, and she still always managed to come back. Don't you dare give up on her now Bucky," Steve said as he looked at him.

After 30 terrifying minutes, a nurse in Pink scrubs walked over towards Bucky with a small smile.

"Would you like to see your daughter?"

"Here give me Emily," Steve said as he scooped her out of Buckys arms and sat down next to Nat.  Bucky stood up as he wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans as he followed the nurse to the 'fish bowl'. That's what Mya had called it, only able to look at the babies from the outside. Bucky walked up to the glass as another nurse on the inside held up his daughter for him to see.

 Bucky walked up to the glass as another nurse on the inside held up his daughter for him to see

"She's so little," his voice thick with emotion.

"Yeah but she's a fighter, just like her mom."

"How is she doing?" Bucky turned to look at the nurse.

"I am supposed to wait for the doctor...."

"No please, this is killing me. The wait. Just tell me is she going to pull through?"

"Like I said, she's a fighter. We gave her some O neg blood and now it's just a waiting game. But it's looking good so far," the nurse smiled at him.

"OH my God, thank you so much, "Bucky covered his mouth as he tried to hold back tears of joy.

"You have a very beautiful family," the nurse said as she placed a hand on Buckys arm.

"Thank you, but Emily isn't biologically mine."

"Why should that matter? If you love her like she's yours, protect her like she's yours, and would die for her. Then she's yours."

"Thank you," Bucky leaned down as he hugged the small nurse as he smiled.

"No problem, I'll go check to see how's she's doing. So we can get you in there ASAP to see her," the nurse walked away in the opposite direction as he walked back to the waiting room.

"Well how does she look?" Nat asked with a small smile playing on her face.

"She looks just like me," Bucky smiled as he hugged Nat.

"What did they say about Mya?" Steve asked.

"She's not completely out of the woods yet, but it is looking very good on her end."

"Thank God," Nat said as she squeezed her eyes shut and cupped her hands together shaking them.

"Mr. Barnes, you can come see your wife," the doctor said as he gestured down the hallway. Bucky walked quickly as they made it to the last room on the left. Mya was hooked up to machines as she laid peacefully in the bed. Her hair damp around her face, she looked two shades paler than she normally did.

"Is she okay now?" Bucky asked the doctor.

"Yes, we just want to keep an eye on her the next few days. But I want to say she'll be good to go once baby is ready."

"Thank you so much doctor," Bucky shook the doctors hand as the doctor left the room. Bucky pulled up a chair and sat down next to Mya.

"You thought you could leave me, but you're not getting rid of me that easily. I'm here for the long haul baby, " he grabbed her hand as he kissed it. He swears he saw the corner of her lip flip up into a smile.