The Drama Queen's Dilema

Chapter 1:

BAM!

I gasp as my body jumps back in shock. I move my head up to see someone standing before me. He had slammed his textbook on my desk to catch my attention.

"You're in my seat." He said, annoyed. I guess he had wanted me to move or something because he wasn't too happy with my response to him.

"Does it look like I care?" I replied, rhetorically. I'm in Home Room and already I have some guy mad at me. His face is intimidating and flushed with red.

"What did you say?" He asked. Before I could reply, someone else walked in and said, "Calm down Fred. You can survive one day in a different spot."

I didn't know that boy was but he must be popular or have some kind of authority because Fred did what he said and took a seat on the opposite side of the room, with all the cheerleaders and a few other jocks.

I watch Fred as he starts to talk and laugh with his friends. He turns his face and his eyes lock with mine. Fred licks his bottom lip and starts to look up and down my body.

Sick. He's such a pig.

I look away from him and pretend not to notice his wondering eyes.

The tall blonde boy who- I want to say- "stood up" for me, sat down in the seat beside me to my left.

He kind of just sat there and stared at me awkwardly. I was okay with though considering he's blocking Fred's view.

Finally he cleared his throat and said, "Feisty. But I'm cool with that. New girl needs to defend herself in some way, and being all cranky is how you chose to do it."

"I'm not feisty." I protested "And how did you know I was new?"

"Note to self: New girl is also defensive and denial." He said.

"I'm not-" I started but it was pointless. "You didn't answer my question. How did you know I was new?"

"Because anyone with half a brain that goes here knows not to sit in Fred's seat."

Wow. So apparently I don't have half of a brain. That's wonderful. I guess that's what happens when you move from the London to Australia.

"So New Girl," he said, "I can show you around school."

"Thanks Blondie but I think I will do just fine on my own." I say.

"What about around town? After school today."

"Sorry, but I have to unpack."

"Tomorrow?" But I just ignored him. He's so persistent! I know I'm going to regret even looking at him but for right now, things are good.

"My name's not 'Blondie.' " He said.

"Mine's not 'New Girl.' Looks like we learned something new about each other today." I replied, smiling.

Before I knew it, the teacher started talking, but even though it was the second week of school, and my first day here, it was a substitute teacher. Then the bell rings and in a blink of an eye, half my classes went by. I had a few of them with Blondie but I just ignored him, and he did the same to me. Of course there was the occasional eye contact, or he would turn to me randomly and just look for what seemed like forever. But none of it compared to my first period, Home Room, class.

The next thing I knew, the bell rang and it was lunch. I quickly grab my backpack and turn around, bumping into a tall blonde kid with a lip piercing. Great. I thought to myself. Just perfect. It's him again.

I just wanted to grab food, avoid Fred along with the rest of the kids here, and get through the day. But I guess I can't even do that. Especially not with Blondie here.

"Steeling seats," He starts. "Bumping into kids, being cranky, this is not your day is it New Girl?"

"Sorry." I said, trying to walk around him, but sure enough, he steps to the side, blocking my way.

"And look! You dropped all my books. And you spilled water on my math assignment." He continued dramatically.

"I said I was sorry. What more do you want." I told him, noticing the water creep beneath my shoes. But he just ignored my comment and continued on with his huge books-fell-on-the-floor-and-water-spilled dilemma. "And now it's getting on my new shoes!" Can he be any more of a drama queen?

"I'll make it up to you." I told him, regretting it right after it left my mouth.

"Great. So you'll come eat lunch with me. And you'll let me show you around. Remember, you owe me."

I just groan. This is what for opening my fat mouth. "I'm not hungry." I said.

"Then at least let me take you home after school. We can grab something to eat on the way."

"Can't." I said.

"And why not?" He asked.

"Noel's picking me up after school." I said. Noel is my older sister. The whole reason I moved here.

"Noel? You're ditching me for Noel?" He said as if he knew exactly who she was. "You spilled water on my stuff. You can at least cancel on Noel and come with me."

I just groaned again and heard myself saying "Fine." And just like that, I had plans after school with a blonde boy who's name I did not know.

I picked up my phone and texted Noel, telling her that I can make it home on my own but I will be running late.

I look back up at the tall giraffe figure standing in front of me. He bites down on his lip ring and I'm no going to deny the fact that it's kinda turning me on. He runs his fingers through his golden locks that form a quiff. I continue to examen him and his features and then decide to speak up.

"Kiara." I said to him. "My name's Kiara."