S E E S A W

We're stuck in a love so beautiful yet so tragic. A twisted love, just like the two ends of a seesaw.

━━━━━━━━━━Word Count: 10

━━━━━━━━━━
Word Count: 10.8k
(Lol don't mind me 😓)

This one prolly has a helluva metaphors and figurative speech included in it, kinda twisted (actually idk what even is this) but special scenario I cherish smh~

━━━━━━━━━━

N A R R A T I O N

Love hurts, it causes anger, jealousy, obsession.
Why don't u love me back?

Nestled in the comfort of a heavy comforter on a fall night, Lisa rested her head against the headboard, with her fingers running through Jungkook's soft peachy hair. Her face reflected the numerous shades of colours coming from the TV, completely engrossed on the action-suspense film that was currently playing.

Naturally, Jungkook's attention was diverted from the film as his attention rested purely on her angelic face — a perfect work of art — as he sat his head on her lap, staring at Lisa since the very beginning of the movie. He just couldn't understand why, but even after a zillion times of analysing her pretty features, she just happened to turn out to be prettier than the last time. And Jungkook was absolutely sure he had never seen anything prettier. He had never, ever felt like this before.

Her breathing alone was enough to take his breath away. Myths say that Eve was made from Adam's rib and Jungkook felt the same longing in his chest since the day he fixed his eyes on her.

He'd remember how much of an annoying friend she was back when they were neighbours and playmates, playing the infamous 'home' game, as husband and wife when their mothers would casually meet up over a cup of tea.

Lisa thought she knew Jungkook like the back of her hand; little did she know that Jeon Jungkook was only the tip of the iceberg — she was yet to encounter a deeper and intensely darker alter ego that lured from the shadows.

He had always been that lovesick boy, red as the perfectly bloomed strawberries whenever he'd watch her fleet around his house, showcasing the sparkly, glittery dresses her mother made her wear. Somehow, as a young boy in his early teens, he would wonder just how soft her skin felt, everywhere.

Even the times when they matured from teens to adults, Jungkook never let Lisa know of how he'd creepily climb onto her room through the window and steal her underwear from her closet — or stay until daybreak to ensure she was okay. He'd never lurk around her sleeping figure on the bed, not while a saccharine smile is painted upon her lips when she's dozed off to heavy slumber.

Jeon Jungkook saw himself as a hopeless romantic, and this is what they do, right?

To his dismay, he knew touching her was forbidden; although he had devilish fantasies of what he'd do to Lisa when he watched those adult rated shows on the telly late at night when his parents weren't around yet still, he never dared to touch her because Lisa was a flower, too dainty and pure scented that posed like thorns which pricked his jittery heart.