Chapter One: Looking Back

My name is Rosalina, Rose for short. I was eight years old at the time my life was torn apart. Im half angel and half werewolf. The angel is my dads side, and the werewolf is my moms side. Because im only a half angel, I dont get wings but I do get every other power, including the one that makes me, and everything I do perfect.

Somehow being half angel didnt effect the werewolf portion because I can still change forms without a problem and communicate efficiently with my wolf. As a wolf I have a beautiful white coat and and beautiful blue-green eyes, something that is rare as a halfbreed.

Since my parents were of two different breeds they were forbidden to see each other. But soul mates cant be torn apart so easily. They were extra carefully not to get caught and kept seeing each other. Even after I was born they were careful. My parents kept me in the same two outfits and I played outside and didnt have much so there was hardly any if any proof I existed unless I was actually in front of some one.

We stayed to ourselves. I was home schooled, to keep me from anyone who might intend to hurt me. We were the happiest family ever, that is until I was around eight that someone had tipped the council that my parents were together and had me. Everything went down hill from there.

When the soldiers came to my house my mom gave me a cloak and told me it would conceal my identity. She then gave me an envelope full of money. It had a address written across it and she told me to go to that address, to give them the envolope, and that they would help me.

She then hurried me out the back door giving me a hug and a kiss. Looking into her eyes as she told me she loved me I almost broke. I knew this would be the last time I saw her. I hugged her one last time as she gave me a sad smile and turned and walked back into the house. I waited till the door closed before I shifted forms and ran to the edge of the woods.

I stopped once I was hidden in the shadows of the woods and watched as the soldiers were invading our house. I watched as the dragged my parents, acceptingly, out of the house. I knew that they were dying inside and turned away after I saw them hold hands, look at each other and smile.

It was on this day that I vowed I would never look back again. It was this day that I heard, but never saw, my parents get shot. It was this day that I ran faster and further than I ever had, and it was this day that I met my new family, or pack.