the biggest burden

Doodling on her homework, Y/N bit her lip, concentration peaking as she focused on shading in the shirt of the cartoon character she was currently drawing. The sound of her pencil meeting paper was a soft scritch-scratch sound, mingling along with the sound of Jirou's fingers tapping her desk in a rhythmic pattern and the group of boys sitting a few rows away who were currently hosting an arm-wrestling match. 

"Kirishima is going to win!" Ochaco shouted, earning a death glare from Bakugou, "NO THE HELL HE ISN'T!"

A collection of gasps and loud high-fives erupted from the group, following by aggressive desk slamming. 

"IT IS AFTER CLASS HOURS! YOU ARE DAMAGING SCHOOL PROPERTY!" a responsible voice shouted, his footsteps thundering around the room, trying to usher everyone out, "L/N IS THAT OUR ENGLISH HOMEWORK??"

Tucking the worksheet under her thick textbook, she pursed her lips guiltily before whipping out her phone and throwing her legs over the desk, "Nope."

"LEGS OFF THE DESK!" he stormed over to the white-haired girl and moved his flattened out hand up and down like a robot. 

Y/N rolled her eyes before swinging her legs off the desk and shoving her schoolbooks into her bag. Hitching it over her shoulder, she maneuvered her way through the noisy and disoriented classroom. 

"Y/N!" she heard a familiar voice call after her, "Want to do something later tonight?"

The girl turned around to see her purple-haired friend run after her, her earphone jacks swishing around, "Sure. What are we doing?"

Producing two tickets, Jirou Kyouka slapped them into her friend's palm, "Karaoke! I'm inviting Kaminari and you can invite whoever you want. Be at the place before seven!" Leaning closer to the vampire, she cupped her hand over her mouth, "I bet you wanna invite Bakugou. Good luck convincing him."

"Clearly you don't know how I do things. I don't invite him. I give him a date, place, time, and I promise he'll show up."

"Great. Now, I'll just have to kidnap Kaminari away from him," she muttered, jabbing her elbow at the pair who was walking out of the school.

Jirou ran forward, catching up with Kaminari and dragging him away from Bakugou. Y/N smirked, muttering a word of gratitude toward her friend before doing a running start and leaping onto Bakugou's back, effectively catching him off guard. 

"CATCH ME CATCH ME CATCH ME!" Y/N shrieked as she began to topple off of his back. Bakugou's hands flew out, catching her waist and stepping over her flailing legs to prevent himself from tripping as well. 

If anyone walked by at that moment, they might've mistaken the mishap for a fancy tango. Bakugou's face was flushed with annoyance as he looked away, his cheeks glaring a gentle pink, "The hell did you do that for?"

"Meet me in the common room at 6:30, 'kay?" she offered a wink before picking up her schoolbag again and skipping off. Bakugou let out a confused splutter, "The hell? Why?"

"BECAUSE I WANNA HANG OUT WITH YOU!" Y/N hollered back, waving excitedly, "DON'T BE LATE!"

"I'M NEVER FUCKING LATE YOU DUMBASS!"

-

The girl pranced down the steps, her high-ponytail swishing with every step. The karaoke tickets were safely tucked inside her phone case and a huge smile was plastered on her face. The smile only got bigger when she saw Bakugou sitting forlornly on the recliner, making conversation with Sero. 

His eyes darted toward her and he quickly stood up. Shoving his hands into the pockets of his pants he sauntered over to you, "You're late."

"Actually, I'm three minutes early."