Friendship and Other Lies

Back in the locker rooms, Hinata tried his hardest to speed through changing, but he was stopped once by Bokuto, who thanked him for spiking his sets. Then he couldn't find where he'd placed his normal clothes. Time ticked by as Hinata scrambled to not be the last one, to not be left with Atsumu. Becuase he knew he would be in for it after spiking that set from Bokuto.

He finally, finally found his regular clothes and faced a wall as he stripped off his shirt and pulled the other one over his head. There was one other person besides Astumu left. If he hurried he could–

"Bye, Miya-kun! See ya, Hinata!"

"Nice job today!" Atsumu's voice responded.

They were alone.

The uncomfortably tense air made Hinata start to sweat with anxiety. He pulled on sweatpants over his shorts, still facing the wall, and was about to make a break for it when...

Hinata heard a hand slam down on the wall next to him, felt breath on the back of his neck. He swallowed, holding his breath. He didn't have to look to know who it was.

Miya Atsumu was towering over him, his aura screaming "danger."

"What is it, Miya-kun?"

The half-growling voice from the person behind him made his unease grow.

"You."

"Me?"

"You're my spiker."

"I'm not y–"

"DON'T ARGUE WITH ME!"

Hinata promptly shut his mouth.

"You're my spiker. You spike my sets. My sets. NO ONE ELSE'S!"

This needed to stop. Hinata gathered his remaining courage and turned around to face Atsumu. Only, this face wasn't Atsumu's, nor this possessive expression. This, he realized, wasn't his roommate at all.

This was a monster.

In a last attempt to show defiance, the redhead lifted his chin and said, "I spike any balls tossed to me."

He couldn't have said a worse thing.

Atsumu's eyes grew dark. The smile that was slowly crossing his face was far from friendly. His left hand, the hand that wasn't doing the kabedon, twitched, as if he was contemplating what to do with it.

Hinata had messed up; He needed to get out of there.

On three, he told himself, I'll make a run for it.