1

My family and I had moved into a deserted area of the city where houses and patios and trees and cars abounded. I'm exhausted from the long car ride, which numbed my butt, and my arms hurt from unloading boxes from the moving truck.

It would be appropriate to get some rest, yet here I am, standing in the kitchen, dreading to receive my next order from my mother.

"You called?" I ask my mom who is cleaning the dust off the counters.

"Yes honey." She places the white dishcloth down and walks to the table, where three boxes lay. She opens one.

"Give these small welcoming baskets to our dear neighbors and introduce yourself for us." She hands me three small homemade baskets full of cookies, wrapped in plastic with a red ribbon on top. It's the kind you'd find at the dollar tree during the holidays.

"Mom," I scoff in disbelief. "It's the neighbors job to do that. Not ours. Besides, we haven't finished unpacking."

If it weren't because my body is begging me to rest, I would have oblige right away without protesting since I'm an obedient boy.

She cocks an eyebrow and stares at me with a smug on her face, waiting for her son to give in. And I do.

Sometimes I think my mom is too good for this world.

Without saying a word, I take the baskets my mom put effort into making and head outside. I go to the house next to ours. Our houses would be identical if it weren't for the blue swing and colorful range of flowers.

I put down three baskets and ring the doorbell. I look down at my black Green Day shirt and green cargo pants to see if I look presentable enough.

A few seconds later, I hear footsteps approaching the door and I suddenly find myself feeling nervous— which is alarming because I don't usually coward away from meeting new people.

My jaw drops and my heart accelerates when the owner of the house opens the door.

The woman of my dreams stands before me.

The muscle tension and fatigue from the long card ride leave my body in an instant.

I gasp dramatically, dropping the basket from my hands. "Oh my god!" I shout, making the attractive girl in gray complexion flinch. "You're Raven! The sexy porn star!"

"W-who are you?" She asks embarrassed, a pink shade coating her cheeks and I almost melt just from hearing her voice.

"I'm your biggest fan! You're so damn hot when you wear lingerie!" I say happily remembering the times I'd jerk off in her name.

Unable to control my excitement, I take a step forward to admire her beauty but she closes the door in my face.

I don't believe in God but I thank him for letting me live to this day.