Three

I had to share a room with him for the mission. It was strange but not completely uncomfortable. We were in a janky motel as we were staking out in the morning. He sat on his bed and I sat on mine. "(So.. You like music?)" I ask him before quietly turning a radio on that was beside my bed. He doesn't look up once. I understood what he felt, did I seem the same way? I get up with my jerky and sit next to him making him just stare at me the whole time. It sucked when he'd go away for some time after training, he was a different person when he came back. But somehow.. I always helped loosen him up. I offer a piece of jerky, making him stare at it for a moment.
He slowly picks a piece and eats it. "(Food and music helps me calm down, I suppose. Just didn't want you so tense on our sliver of a break.)" I shrug but he only stares back. It wasn't working. I stand to walk back to my bed but he grabs my wrist before I go. "(Stay here for a moment?)"

I find myself outside the outside the museum a s the crowd runs away from inside, Loki slowly walks out and materializes in his gold armor and helmet. "Perfect timing." The police arrive and with no hesitation, he blasts the cars, flipping them over and over. I stand the the middle of the crowd, tucked away, waiting for the right moment. "Kneel before me." I hear him order over the terrified sounds of the crowd. The crowd ignores him nonetheless. Three more Loki's appear, surrounding and blocking the crowd from escaping.
"I said KNEEL!" He shouts loudly. He was a man of magic I've never seen before. While the crowd quietly kneels, Loki embraces out his arms with a wide smile.
"Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state?" He walks through the crowd slowly as he gives the grand speech. "It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel."
As the words resonate to the kneeling crowd, an elder German man beside me refuses to kneel and stands, heroic, before I give my two cents. "Not to men like you."
"There are no men like me." Loki chuckles at him. "There are always men like you."
"Look to your elder, people. Let him be an example." As Loki is about to execute the man with his scepter as the light glows blue. I stand up and shield him. "I don't think you want to do that." I say to him across the crowd.
"And who might you be to tell me so?" He laughs not putting his scepter down. "Just a woman passing by that loves to tick off witches that come with their own broomstick. Nobody here will truly look up to you if you kill an innocent man." I smile as I grab the elderly mans hand and lead him away from me. I start to walk past the crowd and towards him. "You think you're capable of enduring the suffering I can put you through, to spare him?"
Nat you better get here quick..
"I'll do what it takes to take you down." He smirks and lifts the scepter to point at my head. "Wrong." Right as the energy beam shoots out, I'm shielded from the blast to see Rogers had landed in front of me with his shield. "Great timing." I sigh.
"You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing." Rogers tells him as he walks closer to Loki who had taken the blast of the scepter instead.
"The soldier. A man out of time." Loki says smartly as he stands back up.
"I'm not the one who's out of time."
From above us, the Quinjet arrives. A machine gun is pointed towards Loki, while Natasha speaks from inside the aircraft. "Loki, drop the weapon and stand down."
Loki quickly sends a blast of blue at the Quinjet. Natasha maneuvers it just in time, giving Cap the time to throw his shield at Loki. They both began to duke it out.
I shout at the bystanders to come towards me and escort them out of the way to run down the road. The elderly man from before gives me a quick hug before running with everyone else down the road. I felt him place something in my jacket pocket but had no time to look. I glance to see Rogers flipping and knocks him out with his leg. Loki grabs him and flips him over.
Suddenly AC/DC's "Shoot to Thrill" overdrives to the Quinjets speakers playing down on us too.
The Tony Stark flies over in his Iron Man suit and blasts Loki right back to the ground. Iron Man touches down. He stands up and pulls out every piece of weaponry the suit has. I walk up to them and look down on Loki with them. "Make your move, Reindeer Games."
Loki puts up his hands and surrenders. His armour materializes away. "Good move." I comment as I walk behind him and place him in cuffs. He grunts from my strength which I didn't hold back in the slightest.
"Mr. Stark." Rogers says to Tony.
"Captain." Tony says back.

Natasha and I watch the skies as we fly the jet home. Fury came through to speak with us.
"Said anything?"
"Not a word since I stalled him till everyone got there." I answer back.
"Just get him here. We're low on time." Fury hangs up as I just sit by Nat flying us home. I reach in my pocket to see a silver band is what the man left me. It fit on my thumb a little loose but I felt good. I did something good.
Rogers stands beside Tony, between Nat and I looking out to the skies. "I don't like it." He says quietly.
"What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony asks smartly.
"I don't remember it being ever that easy. This guy packs a wallop." Steve was right. It didn't make sense.
"Still, you are pretty spry, for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?" Tony asks him making me chuckle at the comment.
"What?"
"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple things, you know, during your time as a Capsicle."
Steve looks at Tony, seems to finally be meeting his ego match. But I laughed at the nickname. "Oh boy that's never going away." I smile as I co-pilot. "She gets it." Stark smiles as he taps my shoulder. "Don't touch me." I snap making him pull back.
"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in." Steve says unamused. "Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you."
Thunder and lightning nearly hit the jet, making it shake violently. "Where's this coming from?" She asks as we look around. I only shrug as I try to see through the dark clouds. Thunder rumbles overhead. I glance back at the man of magic, Loki, stares out the window intently, almost scared.
"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" I smirk.
"I'm not overly fond of what follows."
Outside the jet a blinding light hits the jet. Not a light. A man. Thor from the mission briefing from before. He opened the ramp and grabs Loki by the throat and flies out. Steve and Tony are left dumbstruck. Tony puts the Iron Man helmet on.
"Now there's that guy." Tony shouts. "Another Asgardian?" Nat asks us. "Thor. Definitely Asgard." I shout back.
"Think the guy's a friendly?" Rogers asks.
"Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost. Tony turns and gets ready to jump off the jet to chase after Thor." Tony says before his suit is completely on.
"Stark, we need a plan of attack!" Steve shouts to him as he nears the edge of the ramp.
"I have a plan. Attack." Stark jumps out of the jet and chases after Thor. Cap grabs a parachute to follow.
"I'd sit this one out, Capsicle." I tell him.
"I don't see how I can." He looks back up at me.
"These guys come from space and legends, they're basically gods." I point out.
"There's only one God, ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." He says completely serious before jumping out the jet.
"He really is an old, white, whole hearted American, man, huh?" I say to Nat who only chuckles as we close the ramp and turn to keep our distance before getting Loki back.