one.

before we begin:
- sunoo, sunghoon, jungwon, ni-ki are all seniors in high school.
- jake, heeseung, and jay are all freshman in college.
- cursing is involved!!
- keep in mind: this is a soulmate au ;)

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

if you were to ask someone who kim sunoo was, they'd be able to answer instantly. it was no secret that kim sunoo held the title for most outgoing and extroverted person in his high school. naturally, sunoo had that inviting and joyous personality that made anyone he came into contact with feel comfortable.

kim sunoo thought of himself as a simple seventeen year old boy. despite being friendly with everybody he knew, he truly only had a few close and real friends. putting on a smile was nothing foreign to the boy, but with his real friends, he didn't have to force one all the time.

however, sunoo loved his life. he had a loving mother, even if she worked all the time, and an amazing older sister, who was off in college but still his best friend. he also had his other best friends riki and jungwon by his side, and he was blessed with an education and his hobby for dance.

dance was sunoo's passion: it's how he met riki and jungwon. without dance, sunoo was sure he would have one less reason to smile.

but today, on a gray september day, sunoo was entering his second week into his senior year of high school. his last year before truly beginning his life. the thought of his future gave him yet another thing to smile about.

with a skip in his step, kim sunoo entered the school. he waved to some students he recognized and even some he didn't before reaching his locker.

"yah! sunoo!"

none other than jungwon and riki approached the blonde-haired boy. sunoo flashed them his famous grin. "hey guys! what's up?"

"ni-ki and i were thinking of visiting the boys today, are you down to come?"

sunoo nodded, happily. jungwon's boyfriend of one year, jay, was a grade ahead of them, making him a freshman in college. he attended their local college in seoul, and so did jake and heeseung. the three boys were best friends with sunoo, riki, and jungwon before they graduated, but they all remain just as close.

"perfect! i can drive the three of us to jay's apartment after classes!"

"let's stop for boba on the way!" riki cheered, earning a chuckle from the two others.

the bell signaling for classes to begin suddenly rang, so the boys parted ways. before sunoo could even enter his classroom, he was stopped by a view through the window of the classroom door. a boy sunoo had never seen before was sat hunched over in sunoo's seat.

curiously, sunoo entered the room and approached the boy tenderly. "hi there!" sunoo smiled, waving to the boy.

slowly and with a blank face, the black-haired boy looked up at sunoo with sunken and uninterested eyes. sunoo chose to ignore that, though. "i've never seen you around before! i'm kim sunoo! i just wanted to let you know this is my assigned seat, but i'm sure there's a free one the teacher can give you!"

the boy sat emotionless, having only blinked a couple times in response. sunoo held his smile, but inside, he found himself growing a bit uncomfortable. was the boy going to respond?

after another moment of awkward silence, the boy sighed and stood up from the desk chair. grabbing his bag from the back of it, he turned around without having said a word, walking away to the back of the room.

sunoo was quite shocked. never had he ever run into someone so rude. sunoo approached him in a friendly manor but was met with silence and an attitude?! it took him aback for sure. but sunoo never holds grudges. he was sure that boy must have been having a bad morning or something. everyone has those days!

class went by pretty slowly for the most part, but at the end of it, something actually interesting happened. "park sunghoon, stay back for a minute after class?" the teacher asked aloud just before the bell rang.

sunoo followed his teachers gaze and gasped lightly to find out she was talking to the boy from earlier! park sunghoon. the name suits him.

sunoo packed his belongings into his backpack, but he purposely did it slower than usual so he could stay back and casually witness the interaction of sunghoon and the teacher.

"i know you just transferred to this class, but please, try your best to engage, okay? we don't want a repeat of last year," the teacher gently explained to the boy.

sunoo overheard and he couldn't have been more confused. what happened last year? he looked up from his now packed bag to see sunghoon leaving the classroom. sunoo threw his bag over his shoulder and zoomed out of the class, tailing behind the taller.

"yah! wait up!"

but the boy didn't even turn around. sunoo huffed before sprinting forward a bit so he was side by side with park sunghoon. "so your name is park sunghoon, yeah?"

park sunghoon still didn't acknowledge sunoo's presence. he gripped the straps of his backpack with both hands and focused ahead of him. sunoo slightly frowned. "you're not new are you?"

sunghoon didn't answer.

"do you talk?" sunoo blurted before he could stop himself. he covered his mouth quickly before bowing his head slightly. "ah, sorry, that came off a bit harsh. i just meant because i haven't heard you say anything yet~"

sunghoon turned the corner, leaving sunoo behind as he trudged away. sunoo crossed his arms, watching the boy walk off. did he say something wrong? why wouldn't park sunghoon answer him?

with a sigh, sunoo decided to give up. he didn't want to bother the boy anymore than he already had. besides, sunghoon seemed to not be in the mood. so, sunoo shook it off with a smile before getting ready for his next class.