seven.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

kim sunoo and park sunghoon can hardly believe their current reality.

sunoo was more than positive that he heard the boy before him speak aloud, but the more he thought about it, the more he realized sunghoon's lips never parted. is it even possible to hear somebody's thoughts?

how the fuck did you do that?

"i-i don't know!" sunoo squealed in fear, clapping both his hands to his cheeks.

sunghoon's breath hitched. how could this boy suddenly hear his thoughts? that's not even humanly possible. plus, it's an invasion of privacy. how much did the kid know?

can you hear all my thoughts?

"w-well, i can hear you when you're talking to me? but otherwise, no?" sunoo tries breaking down any sort of logic he possible can. nothing seems to be making much sense.

look, i don't know what's going on here, but you better cut it out. i don't like talking for a reason and my thoughts is all i have. don't invade that.

"you think i did this on purpose?" sunoo blurted in shock. "i-i can't control this! i don't even know how it's happening! i just hear your disembodied airy voice in my own mind somehow..."

sunghoon stood, lips in a thin line. this kid must be mental.

"i'll just...i'll leave you alone, i'm sorry," sunoo stammered, aiming to turn around and stumble away.

"no, wait!"

this time, sunoo was more than positive the voice he heard was clear and precise. in fact, the tone of the voice was lower and a bit raspier. it was a really attractive voice. but sunoo didn't have much time to dwell on that because it suddenly hit him who's voice that was.

slowly, sunoo turned around in disbelief. sunghoon stood with his arm out, but his face was pale as a ghost. even he couldn't believe what had just happened.

"did you just-?"

sunghoon recoiled his arm. his fingers trembled as he reached them up to his throat. sunghoon couldn't remember the last time he talked aloud to anyone. yet here he was having said two words out loud to some random kid in his class. well, maybe not too random, since this same kid just heard his thoughts moments ago.

sunghoon felt his throat close up. instead of saying another word, he turned back around and began to walk away from the latter.

"yah!! you can't just walk away now! park sunghoon!"

sunoo speed walks to catch up with the taller. sunghoon's eyes focus on the road ahead of him, trying his hardest not to give the boy any mind.

go away, sunoo.

"i can hear you, you know."

that's the point.

sunoo huffed, grabbing sunghoon's upper arm and stopping them both in their tracks. sunghoon bit his lip in anticipation, knowing sunoo was going to say something that he wouldn't want to hear.

"can we please talk about what just happened?"

there it is. that word.

talk.

i don't think that's a good idea. this whole thing is freaky and i'm still confused on how to feel right now. i'm sorry.

sunoo wants to say something back, but before he can, sunghoon is already feet ahead of him, taking off on his own.

sunoo sighed, slumping his shoulders. he knew he was drawn to park sunghoon from the start, but the whole thing about hearing the boy's thoughts was definitely not something he expected.

what is he supposed to do with this...power? was it even that? a gift? a curse?

"i need to talk to my friends."

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

"you do realize you sound really weird right now, right?" ni-ki states.

sunoo rolls his eyes, falling backward into his bed. ni-ki sat arms crossed on sunoo's beanbag. jungwon paced around the room in thought.

"look, you've always been dramatic, but this is just next level," jungwon added. "how do you expect us to believe you?"

sunoo furrowed his eyebrows. "i guess i don't, but i just needed to say something! it's been eating me up all afternoon!"

"hey, what am i thinking?" ni-ki suddenly blurts, a smirk plastered on his lips.

"i can't hear your thoughts, dummy," sunoo retorted.

"it's easy, he's thinking about what dinner is," jungwon snorted.

"yo, how'd you guess?!"

sunoo mentally face palmed. "ugh, guys! what do i do?!"

jungwon plopped down onto the bed next to sunoo, placing a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. "don't worry about it! just eat some food and get some rest and maybe everything will be better tomorrow!"

sunoo gave up. maybe his friends were right. maybe it wasn't such a big deal.

deep down though, he knew that wasn't true. he knew this wasn't just something he could sleep off.

the only thing he could do was wait for tomorrow to see park sunghoon again in class.