Seven|the blob is a pirate now

November 4th
Surely there's a reason for everything. There's a reason Clay randomly decided to go on an east coast roadtrip and take me with him, just like how there's a reason I decided to go. If there's anything new I learned today, it's that there's also a reason Clay can be so unbearable to talk with sometimes.

Sleeping in the front seat of a car wasn't the most comfortable experience George had had, and he would have preferred to sleep in the backseat had it not been full of their belongings and snacks. What was even worse than that experience was the way he woke up. The first sensation he had upon waking up was his phone getting thrown at him and being taken by the shoulder and shaken until he mustered the energy to fight back.

"Answer your annoying friend," Clay yawned. "Your dumb phone is driving me insane." He rubbed his eyes and covered his face with his blanket.

George took his phone. It was well past ten in in the morning and his phone was on the verge of dying with only five percent remaining. His best friend had been spamming his phone, and there were well over twenty messages to go through with more still coming in. He sighed and called up his older friend instead.

"George!" Wilbur answered before the second ring.

"What do you want?"

"I just wanted to make sure you're doing well. You seemed kind of down last night."

"I'm fine, Wil," George reassured. "I just woke up."

"Really? Don't you have school today? Wait, you start school at eight your time, right?"

"I'm not at school." George glanced over to Clay, who had already somehow fallen back to sleep. He leaned against his car door with his blanket wrapped firmly around him. His hair stuck out in many directions. It was the most peaceful he had ever seen the younger boy.

"Are you okay? Are you sick or something? Why didn't you tell me? I could have skipped school and serenaded you all day."

"I'm not sick, Clay's making me go on this road trip with him," George replied. "We're going up the east coast."

"Hey, that sounds fun! We should do that when you come back," Wilbur replied. "Except you're stuck in a car with your annoying host brother. How have your ears not bled out yet?"

"It hasn't been the worst time. I honestly thought I was going to throw myself out of the car by now. I learned about the Civil War yesterday."

"Sounds boring."

George shrugged. "It was cool, I guess. Clay told me about this campaign where they burned through Georgia."

"Why would you do that?"

"Something about cotton. I don't know. He started talking really fast at that point and I couldn't catch a lot of what he said."

"Why are you even going on a roadtrip in the first place? Don't you have school?"

"I don't know. He wants me to teach him how to drive and thinks a roadtrip will help him with his hours."

"Wait, he wants you to teach him how to drive?" Wilbur laughed. "You nearly drove us off a bridge once, Gogs. I'd trust myself to teach Tommy how to drive over you and I've never legally driven."

"In my defense, you guys scared me."

"Any good driver would be able to avoid almost swerving off a bridge because his best friends tried to cure his hiccups, Gogy," Wilbur remarked. "Anyway, where are you then? How did you even get your host parents to agree to this?"

"North Carolina, and I don't think they did. The moment I got home, Clay told me to pack my things and we left."

"And you just went with him? You really gotta start learning how to say no."