Chapter 16

The next day, Ruby and Blaze walked out of Ruby's room to see Granny still sat outside the rooms with a crossbow.

"Anything?" Ruby asked.

"Nothing," Granny said.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make things worse," Blaze said.

"You were kidnapped by someone who wanted to kill you, it's not your fault," Ruby said.

"Okay..." Blaze said.

"How does pancakes for breakfast sound?" Granny asked.

"Pancakes?" Blaze asked.

"Go get ready for your day and I'll show you what pancakes are," Granny said.

"Okay," Blaze said.

At the Hatter Household, Captain Hook was in the kitchen trying to work the stove with Grace walked in.

"Morning," Grace said.

"Morning love... How do I work this?" Captain Hook asked.

"I got it," Grace said and walked over and turned the oven on.

"Thanks... Sleep okay?" Captain Hook asked.

"No..." Grace said.

"Heard your parents too?" Captain Hook asked.

"Yeah," Grace said.

"We're gonna use it against them right?" Captain Hook said.

"Oh yeah!" They high-fived and Grace chuckled, "Any change with Giselle?" Grace asked.

"None... What if Pan was right and we need True Love's kiss?" Captain Hook asked.

"Have you tried?" He looked confused, "Why do you think grandpa was able to take the darkness from mama? True Love... You got family True Love and love True Love," Grace said.

"I didn't think about that," Captain Hook said.

"Worth a shot... But having a shadow ripped from her... It may not work... I don't know much about it," Grace said.

"I'll give it a shot, thanks love," Captain Hook said.

"No problem," Grace said and the pirate captain walked off.

In Jefferson's and Rose's room, Jefferson woke up in bed alone and looked around.

"Rose?" Jefferson called out.

"Yeah?" She walked out of the walk-in closet with some clothes, "Was wondering when you'd wake up," Rose Red said.

"You look... Opposite of when you went to sleep..." Jefferson said with a smirk.

"Magic work wonders on aching hips and jelly legs," She rushed over and landed onto the bed beside him, "Morning," Rose Red said.