intro

✫ ✧ ˚

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

"I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. Min, there's nothing we can do at this point,"

It's those words that knock the breath out of you and your husband. The answer you've been waiting for for months, full of stress and this long process that led you to nothing but failure and broken hearts.

Your thoughts freeze, there's nothing particular you're thinking and then everything comes rushing towards you, the reality hitting you along with thousands of thoughts. The poster of a woman's pregnant belly on the white wall is almost mockingly staring at you. Will you ever be able to experience another life growing inside you? That's all you and your husband have been dreaming about. Those late nights talk about how many kids you will have, how much he wants to take this another step with you after being married for three years. It all felt like the right time.

Your husband's cold hand that slides from yours wakes you out of your thoughts, concern written all over your face as the doctor is watching you with nothing but pitiful gaze.

"I'll give you a moment." Is all Dr. Kim says as he respectively gives you and your husband to process the news.

Coldness surrounds the room and it's not caused by the actual temperature of it. For a moment, you're not sure what to say. Are you supposed to be sad too? Of course, you're. But aren't you supposed to be there for your husband when he just found out it's him, the reason there won't be a little him running in your house?

After endless months of trying to get you pregnant, the tests always came out negative. It happens, it doesn't always work right away. You thought and tried to hide your disappointment but didn't let it swallow you as you simply agreed with your husband you'll keep trying. You've tried taking different vitamins, even changed your lifestyle a bit and bought special herbal tea in hopes the tests you've been taking and what became almost a weekly routine for you, would work and come out as positive. Nothing worked or helped.

The outcome of the test had always been the same. It had been a stressful time for the both of you. Heartbroken that maybe it's not just meant for you and your husband, he had decided to get you an appointment in one of the most prestigious private clinics in Seoul. Appointment for you and him to be precise. After a few examinations and days of waiting, you were informed that you're completely healthy to bear a child and it's your husband that can't seem to give you that privilege. Naturally, there had been a lot of visits at the clinic in a desperate search of finding some way the two of you could grow your family. Insemination had been the only option that Dr. Kim could offer, still prompting that it doesn't have to work and you shouldn't put too much hope in it. Yet, he still reminded you to stay hopeful and positive.

And now after the third try, and a couple of more examinations of your husband's sperm he just informed you that your husband will never be able to give you a child. The year full of hoping and silent prayers came crashing down with only one sentence.