Chapter 3 - Sudden Realization

Chapter 3 - Love?

Chapter 3 - Love?

''You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness''

Mizuki felt things.

He was experiencing feelings he had never encountered before, sentiments that were stressful for him to fathom. When he's with Todoroki, he feels fuzzy and warm, and his heart flutters in his chest. Yet, when he sees other people flirting with him, something he loathes, his heart throbs. Mizuki had always seemed perplexed as to why he felt the way he did, and now he knew why, albeit after a few days of searching.

Mizuki yearned for the sensations he'd had beforehand, even when they were children, but he dismissed his gut instincts. It's merely that he'd never alleged that he and Todoroki would make a really nice couple until today. Mizuki often imagined that we'd just be best friends, nothing more or less.

Mizuki was always inattentive to what everyone else thought of them, especially when folks thought he and Todoroki were dating. Perhaps that's why he's completely unaware when it comes to love. Especially when Todoroki is involved. Let's face it, why would he like Mizuki in the first place?

I'm not a unique individual.

Mizuki grinned bitterly. Thousands of people on our planet are ten times are better than Black-Haired Boy. That's what the blue-eyed adolescent believes. Tears began to fall onto the notebook in front of Mizuki.

Mizuki wipes away his tears. He walks to his couch and sits on it. He raised his hands in front of him while gazing at it.

Mizuki finally understands his feelings for the boy with the heterochromatic irises. When Mizuki's mother gazed at his father, he came to a realization; he was denying his feelings for Todoroki. It's not that he disdained Todoroki; it's simply that he couldn't understand why Mizuki had affections for him. He thought that they were just friends. Whenever he's around his best buddies, he tried to hide these feelings from everyone.

It really is love, not admiration.

Perhaps he should tell Todoroki about his feelings for him. He should've told Todoroki how important he was to him. Maybe he should have said how his heart races every time he's with him, or how comfortable and protected he feels when he's with him. He should have told him how rapidly his heart beats when he was around him. Someone might steal him from him if he doesn't act quickly.

Mizuki's heart aches at the thought of Todoroki being with someone else. Is this jealousy? Now I see why some people are envious of the protagonist in a Shouji Manga. Ugh. It's excruciating. Wouldn't it be fair that I should be delighted for him because he deserves someone better than me?