Chapter - 3 Leaning onto the sexy brick

Raine Simmons - Blackwood

And blah blah blah...

"Darius and Raine I now invite you to join hands and make your vows, in the presence of God and his people."

We turned to face each other. His stone-cold gaze met my stormy grey ones.

He's handsome, to say the least. Everything starting from the tip of his hair to toe he was utter perfection.

He stood tall about 6'4" ish in his navy blue tux. His crisp white shirt hugged his godly body perfectly, with the muscles at the right places.

Who crafted this masterpiece?

His well-slicked-back dark brown hair, a fair skin tone contrasting his blueberry eyes, long pointed nose, high prominent cheekbones, razor-sharp jaw with scarce to no stubble, and lips... Perfect.

He must be the most handsome, manly-looking man I have ever laid my eyes on.

That explains it but, When did I become this kinky?

Snap out of it Raine. He is the one you should protect but not the one, you have wet dreams about. And he's never gonna look at you that way. He has his Love, His Rose.

He took my hands into his. I felt a sudden warmth engulfing me. His warm palms kissed my stone-cold ones as the heat rose.

His palms were smooth and rough at the same time. His touch, his grip was anything but painful. The veins on the back of his hands were protruding, extending up to his arms.

The thing was, I didn't for once feel uncomfortable. Not even for a single moment.

I felt blush crept up my neck and I felt hotter than before. His soft, delicate yet firm touch wasn't helping either.

Hell, his cologne, the masculine yet elegant fragrance was a massive turn-on. It was woody, lemony, spicy, and was... I don't know, fresh?

I tried to blow out my cheeks for the heat to ease but soon stopped as his wandering eyes stopped on me.

He looked deep into my eyes with his emotionless ones.

God!! He had the most beautiful eyes, the kind you could get lost in and I guess, I did.

"I, Darius take you, Raine, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish till death do us apart; according to god's holy law. In the presence of God, I make this vow. "

Will it be easy to say those vows which would hardly mean anything for both of us? Which would bound us together in this hateful relationship.

I don't know. Not anymore.