Chapter 4: The heir of the Slytherin family

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait between the two chapters, I will not lie to you I was not very motivated to write.

I think I messed up a bit with the dates and some events are coming a little too late, adding an extra week for (Y/n) to spend more time with Astoria, Daphne and Tracey has shifted everything a bit, I hope you won't hold it against me too much.

Chapter 4: The heir of the Slytherin family

Only two hours had passed since (Y/n) had left Hermione, Ginny and Iris to join Astoria, Daphne and Tracey at the library. And from the insistent glances or the whispers, he was sure everyone at Hogwarts now knew he was the heir of Slytherin.

But was this really going to change anything? Slytherin House already has the worst reputations and is already frowned upon by most of the other three's students, without mentioning its personal case.

It might even be useful for him, Malfoy or his minions might hesitate a bit more before going against him or it will push them even more to confrontation, hard to know, but the other Slytherins will be very certainly more inclined to be on his side, to remain neutral or even to be afraid of him, he does not want to be seen as a monster but if that can bring him some tranquillity why not.

He will still have to be careful, a spell can be cast quickly, luckily for him Kisara is never very far and horned snakes have a skin resistant to most spells even one as young as her, he also have to improve the protections in his room and tell the girls to do the same to protect themselves from possible night visits or someone trying to come and rummage through their things. And also think about sending a letter to his mother to inform her about the situation, she might know what to do. But other than that, it may not be such a dire situation.

Taking advantage of being at the library, (Y/n) went to the Protective Magic books section and quickly found the type of book he was looking for "Advanced and Expert Spells, Protective Runes and Wards" and picked up 5 other books.

"Here, it's for you." (Y/n) said once back in his seat. "Considering recent events, I think we need to improve our chambers' defences, just to be sure."
"I don't think it is necessary for Astoria or I, we are already using several old family spells that our parents taught us and I have already improved our protection." Daphne replied after reading the front cover of one of the books and which Astoria also confirmed.
"Tracey?" (Y/n) asks, turning to her.
"My dad taught me different spells as well, but unlike the Greengrass the Davis' aren't particularly well-known as wards experts so it's probably a good idea if I take a look."
"And for you? " Astoria asked him.
(Y/n) smirked
"This is where it gets interesting, as the heir to one of the founders; I can use some of Hogwarts' wards to protect my room, not to mention that my mother had already taught me some family spells before I got to Hogwarts. "
"And can't you share with us?" Tracey asked with hope in her voice.
"It might be possible, but I don't know how and I'm afraid that you not being Parseltongues might cause some problems."
"Wait, wait, wait a second, you are a Parseltongue?" Tracey asked with wide eyes.
"Er yes."
"And when were you going to tell us?" Continued Tracey who had risen from her chair visibly annoyed.
"It just seemed obvious to me." (Y/n) replied, gesturing vaguely to his ring. "I am Slytherin's heir and I don't think a non-Parseltongue can become."
"It makes sense indeed, but it's always surprising to meet one, but why do you think that might be a problem for us?" Daphne said in a calm voice as she made Tracey sit back.
"The protections Salazar put in place are Parselmagic and I guess you don't want to stay locked in your rooms because you are unable to tell the door to open or see me come in because I can."

Tracey and Astoria both blushed and Daphne stared coldly at him.
"... Not that I would of course." (Y/n) added, his cheeks flushed too. "Anyway, where were we?"
"To me going to have to read 6 books which seem to be mortally boring." Said Tracey, opening the first book in front of her, her cheeks still red.
"Don't worry, we'll help you find something." Said Daphne, also grabbing a book. "But we should hurry, we have just over an hour to go before dinner."