Chapter 5: Few weeks at Hogwarts

Author's note:

I am not dead !

Sorry for the long wait but here is finally the fifth chapter, I hope you will like it.

For this chapter I decided to make micro-ellipses to tell "important" events of certain days over several weeks to make the story progress.

Chapter 5: Few weeks at Hogwarts

September 13, 1994

As he exited the Potions room, (Y/n) was caught by Iris wanting to speak to him privately, so he followed her to the nearest empty room after checking the way was clear. Iris cast a spell on the door to make sure no one was going to hear what they were going to talk about.

"What can I do for you?" Asked (Y/n).
"I got a letter from Padfoot, sorry I mean Sirius."
"No problem, I know his nickname."
"Oh yes of course, as I just said I got a letter and he told me he was going to be back in Britain soon, and I'm worried I...I don't know what to do."
"I know I received a similar letter."
"But you are not worried ? "
"Of course I am, but there's not much we can do, nothing we could say to him would change his mind, he's too stubborn for that. We just have to hope that everything goes well for him, and anyway he is too smart and resourceful to be caught by the Ministry, he has much more resources than they think..." Seeing that she was still worried (Y/n) took Iris in his arms. "So don't worry about him, everything will be fine."
"Thank you, (Y/n). »

They remained like that for a few more minutes, Iris still seemed worried but much less anxious.

As they separated from each other and Iris was about to head for the door, (Y/n) gently grabbed her arm.

"Iris, wait! I...I wanted to apologize for the last time...for the way our discussion ended, it was stupid and inappropriate of me to get upset, especially since without you my father would be back in Azkaban. This is ... "
"It's a hard subject."
"Yeah...but I reacted like a fool. "

Iris grabbed her hand.

"Listen (Y/n), I understand and I don't blame you. It's just that..."
"He's one of the few ties you have left with your parents and your godfathers"

Iris couldn't help but laugh.

"It's funny how we manage to finish each other's sentences. »

(Y/n) nodded and Iris continued.

"That's why I want us to be friends, we are..."
"A family. » Finished (Y/n)
"Exactly !" She said smiling.
"You're right that's why I wanted to apologize for my reaction and my misplaced jealousy it was stupid, I was stupid." (Y/n) announced, still looking guilty.
"I told you I didn't blame you, but if it makes you feel better I accept your apology but on one condition."
"What condition ?"
"Let's spend more time together!" She said, still smiling.

(Y/n) accepted without thinking twice.

After that Iris and (Y/n) walked out of the room smiling and laughing together, before they realized they were late for their next class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After running as fast as he could, (Y/n) finally arrived only slightly late in Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Professor Moody said nothing and let him sit in his place.

"What were you doing ?" Tracey asked him in an accusatory tone.
"I was with Iris." (Y/n) replied in a whisper.
"Potter? what did she want?" Tracey continued in the same tone.