Chapter 16 (M)

Itsuki's POV

"Please rise for Kenji Ayato, our new Clan Leader" Lord Ayato says. We all stand and watched as Kenji entered the room with a soft smile on his face. Once Kenji sat down at the table he was assigned to sit at, the rest of us sat down quietly.

"It is a great honor to finally become the new Clan Leader of the Ayato family. I wouldn't have been here if it wern't for my Father training me to become the best Leader." Kenji says.

"We all know that last week there was a War. Myself, along with other Clans have won the War and now we can live peacefully once again. And just for this day..." Kenji lifted up a beautifully designed cup full of liquor.

"I would like to say a small toast" Everyone lifted their cups of liquor.

"May you never forget what is worth remembering or remember what is best forgotten." Kenji said. Everyone cheered and drank the liquor. Later on, dancers came in the room and started to dance along with the music. I continues to drink the wine and slightly blushed at the taste.

"This wine is preety good. What do you think Itsuki?" My Father asks. I nodded my head with a soft smile.

"I like it. It doesn't smell too strong and it has a divine taste" I said softly placing the cup down.

It was clear that me and my father attended Kenji's banquet for being selected as the new Ayato leader. But most of the attention was going towards me because of what I was wearing.

 But most of the attention was going towards me because of what I was wearing

"Childe Itsuki looks very beautiful today! I wonder if she's found a lover yet!" Some men from the Ayato clan mumbled

"Childe Itsuki looks very beautiful today! I wonder if she's found a lover yet!" Some men from the Ayato clan mumbled. I softly smiled and looked at Yuri who smiled back at me and pointed outside towards a balcony.

"Father, I'm going to step outside for a little bit" I stood up and bowed. My Father nodded his head and let me go.

When I reached the balcony, Yuri was looking out the window in a daze.

"Yuri-kun...What are you thinking about?" I asked standing beside him. Yuri looked at me with a smile.

"It's something Kenji told me earlier...I've been thinking about what to tell him." He responded holding my hand.