It has Begun

Soos holds them back, hesitantly, as the twins fight to get to the vending machine.

"Aww, c'mon, I don't wanna fight you guys! This hurt me more than it hurts you!" Soos screams. Mabel kicks him in the face. "Ah! Seriously, it hurts me more than you!"

Dipper reaches over Soos' shoulder and he quickly punches in the code. The vending machine swings open, shoving them all to the floor. They cough, then realize it opened a secret passage and gasp. Soos goes in first, grabbing the dusty lantern from the hook.

"It's like something from a video game..."

"Or a dream..." Mabel mutters quietly.

"...Or a nightmare." Dipper finishes.

They get in the elevator, stunned by surprise. The elevator slowly creaks as it goes to the bottom floor. They all gasp in unison.

"Guys, are we dreaming? Somebody wake me up." Mabel quietly stammers.

"This can't be real." Dipper replies shakily.

"I don't understand. Why would Mr. Pines have all this?"

They start walking down the long hallway towards the blue light at the end.

"It's just like that bunker in the woods..."

"But what is it doing under the mystery shack?"

"Ok, ok. So he has a huge gigantic lab. That doesn't mean anything bad! Everyone's got secrets!" Mabel picks up the photo of the Dipper and her from Stan's desk. "It's still Stan, and he loves us. And we love him. Right?" She weakly smiles towards Dipper.

Dipper looks to the desk. "It can't be... It's impossible!" The other two journals sit still on the desk. Dipper pulls the third journal from his vest. "The other two journals? All this time.. All this time, Stan had them?! I can't believe it! Was anything he said to us real?! Why would he have those journals?!" Dipper yells furiously.

"Maybe he's the author." Mabel interjects.

"Or maybe he stole them from the author! Maybe the reason he has all those fake ID's is because he's a master criminal, and this is his master plan!" Dipper opens all the journals to the pages with the portal on it. He lays them in order and turns his black light on.

They all gasp.

"Woah..."

Dipper looks at them and begins reading, "I was wrong the whole time. The machine was meant to create knowledge, it's too powerful. I was deceived, and now it's too late. the device, if fully operational, could tear our universe apart! It must not fall into the wrong hands. If the clock ever reaches zero, our universe is doomed!"

They all glance at the clock and it reads one minute, thirty seconds.

Soos backs away from the desk and points to the clock in horror. "It's the final countdown! Just like they always sang about!"

Dipper flips frantically through the journals and stops at the manual override page. "The agents were right! We have to shut it down!"

They all rush into the portal room and gasp as the ground begins to shake. "There! Quick! Turn these, together!" They run to the override panel and turn the keys together. A device in the middle of the room pops open and reveals a large red button atop a pedestal. They cross to it, Dipper raises his hand above the button, "That's it! The shutdown switch! This all stops now!" He brings his hands down but stops to the interruption of Stan's yelling.

"Don't touch that button!" Stan screams appearing in the doorway. "Dipper just back away." Dipper keeps his hand above the button, looking crossly at Stan. "Please don't press that shutdown button, you gotta trust me."

"And I should trust you why?! After you stood radioactive waste? After you lied to us all summer? I don't even know who you are!"

"Look, I know all this might seem nuts, but I need that machine go stay on! If you'd just let me explain-" his watch starts beeping and the ground begins to rumble. "Uh-oh! Oh, no! Brace yourselves!" They are lifted off the ground and start floating towards the machine. The sky above gravity falls darkens as the sun turns red. Stan starts spinning while Dipper holds on to a nearby wooden beam.

"Dipper!" Mabel yells to her twin as her foot is loosely caught on a wire.

"Mabel! Hurry! Shut it down!" Mabel crawls down the wire and grips onto the button stand.

"No! Mabel, Mabel, wait! Stop!" Stan leaps towards Mabel, but Soos jumps onto Stan sending them flying away from Mabel. "Soos, what're you doing?!" Stan hits him on the head and he winces. "I gave you an order!"

"Sorry, Mr. Pines - if that's you're real name- but I have a new mission now. Protecting these kids!"

"Soos, you idiot, let me go!" Dipper jumps from his post and slams into Stan and Soos.

"Go! Mabel, press the red button! Shut it down!" yells Dipper. Stan shoves them both away.

"No, You can't! You gotta trust me!" Stan looks pleading at Mabel.

The three look at her as she begins crying. "Grunkle Stan, I don't even know if you're my Grunkle! I want to believe you but-"

"Then listen to me. Remember this morning when I said I wanted to tell you guys something?"

T-minus twenty seconds

The portal flashes, flinging them all against the opposite wall. Mabel raises her fist to hit the button, but hesitates.

"I wanted to say you're going to hear some bad things about me, and some of them are true, but trust me. Everything I've worked for, everything I care about, it's all for this family!"

"Mabel, what if he's lying? This thing could destroy the universe! Listen to your head!"

"Look into my eyes, Mabel! You really thing I'm a bad guy?"

"He's lying! Shut it down, now!"

"Mabel, please."

Ten

Nine

Mabel looks away and begins to lower her hand towards the button. "Grunkle Stan..."

Six

Five

She lifts her hand and floats up.
"I trust you..."

"Mabel, are you crazy?! We're all gonna-"

One

They all disappear into the explosion of light. The light engulfs all of The small town of Gravity Falls, bringing time to a pause, the light slowly fades to an eerie darkness.