Oblivion

Seoul, Korea
5th May 2020
4:56 p.m.

His intense gaze kept shifting back and forth between my posture and his canvas as he sketched my curves. I couldn't help but gaze at his handsome face, never growing tired of watching him draw. His shoulders slumped in a sigh as he glanced at the drawing.

This morning, he took me by surprise when he expressed his desire to draw me. And now, here I am, sitting on a chair for what feels like an eternity. My entire body feels numb, and I can sense every fiber of my being screaming at me to move.

"Jin, how much longer do you need?" I whined, massaging my legs. He momentarily diverted his gaze from the canvas and looked at me with a gentle expression.

He passed me a warm smile while adjusting the sheet and replied, "Just five more minutes."

"You've been saying that for the past 30 minutes!" I complained, rolling my eyes. He glanced at the clock hanging on the wall, his eyes widening. It seemed he hadn't realized that an entire hour had passed since I first sat down.

"I'm so sorry, my love. I promise it'll be over in just five more minutes," he pleaded, his eyes filled with puppy-like innocence. How could I ever say no to those irresistible eyes? I simply shook my head and agreed, knowing all too well that his puppy eyes had always been my weakness.

As I sat there for what felt like an eternity, drowsiness began to wash over me. I usually kept myself busy with work and various activities to prevent feeling sleepy and sluggish. To avoid succumbing to sleep in that uncomfortable chair, I decided to strike up a conversation with him.

"So, how are things going between Hoseok and Yoongi? Have they resolved their fight?" I asked, trying my best to remain still.

His brows furrowed in confusion.

"Fight? What fight?" he questioned.

"Aish... How could you forget? You were the one who told me about the fight where Hoseok flirted with Yoongi's girlfriend and Yoongi got really angry," I reminded him. Lately, he had been forgetful, probably due to his heavy workload.

"Ah, that one! I remember now. I spoke with Yoongi and explained that Hoseok didn't know she was his girlfriend and acted unknowingly. He seemed like he was ready to forgive Hoseok," he replied, his gaze fixed on the canvas with a serious expression.

As he conversed with me, his attention remained divided as he continued to draw me on the canvas. His paintings were always breathtaking, and whenever he sketched, his gaze remained intense. I could see the passion reflected in his eyes. It was one of the things I admired about him, how he motivated me to pursue my own dreams.

"That's good... and you've been starting to forget things. Must be because you're getting older," I playfully teased.

His body tensed momentarily, and his breath caught before he shifted his focus from my face to the canvas, then back to me. He let out a laugh in response to my joke.