Chapter 7: Healing

Dixies POV: Life without Griffin was and is harder than expected. It was something that needed to be done, and in the long run it is better for the both of us. But the feeling of knowing that I'm now single after being in a relationship so long doesn't feel right.

I'm also hurt with how easily the just left. I had spent so much of my time meaning Griffin happy, reassuring him that he was the only one I had eyes on. I never failed to focus my attention on him. Him leaving without saying a single word, makes me feel like it was pointless. But I still care. And I have a feeling that part of me always will.

Griffin may have been the first person to break me in a way, but he was my first actual love. He showed me many things, and I will forever be grateful for that. That still didn't make him any less of an ass though. He made it quite obvious that he isn't care much about our relationship, even after spending so much time blaming me, and telling me it could be better.

Hell, he even tried to make me push away my best friend, the only person who gives me this content feeling, and pure happiness. I hate that I didn't have enough strength in me to do what Griffin asked of me, but at the end of the day, I would never replace Noah. He's in my life, and he's not leaving. He's stuck with me, whether or nothing Griffin and I are together.

It feels good to know I can finally hang out with Noah with out having to bare with the feeling of disappointing someone constantly. It makes me feel more like myself, how we used to be before Griffin came along.

Losing Griffin was hard, he had a big impact in my life. I made a space for him in my heart for years and now that space is empty. I feel somewhat empty without him. I hate it though. He doesn't deserve me. As Noah said, I deserve someone who loves me for the person I am, now the person they want me to become.

I'm healing, it's gonna take a bit of time, but I will eventually heal completely, and find someone who loves me for everything that I am. I don't know if that's gonna take days, weeks, months, or even years, but it will eventually happen. I will find the person just for me. For right now, focusing on myself is the only thing I have on my mind.

If I'm gonna get over this, I need to love the person that I am. To love myself before I allow anyone else to. Accept me for who I am before I expect anyone else to.

---

"Damn, this is become a daily thing now. You visiting me while I'm at work." Noah chuckles, getting up from his chair, to hug me. I hug back, of course. "I like seeing my best friend, that's all." I look up at him smiling. I really do, he makes my days better, without even trying.

"Aww. So sweet of you." He laughs a bit kissing my head. "How are you feeling?" He asked me with a more serious look in his face. I pull away from him, looking into his eyes. "I'm fine. It still hurts a bit, knowing it was that easy for him, but I'm better without him. Just like you said." It's true. I'm so much better without him.

"I'm glad you realized your so much better than that piece of trash." I laughed at the name he chose, not that he was lying though. That son of a bitch is a piece of trash. "Me too." I hugged him again, tucking my head in his chest, before we went to go sit down by his desk.

"What do you wanna do later?" He asked me, starting the type on his computer. "I don't really know. Now that I'm single I wanna do something fun. You know?" I wanna start living my life more, because as of right now It's very boring. "How about we go out to that new club that opened. It's Friday after all, and I finish work earlier."

Love the idea of that, I need to feel the rush again. I'm 21, and most of my teenage years were spent in a relationship. I need to let loose a little. "Sounds great." He smiled. I bet he didn't expect that answer. "Great, I'll be at your a place at eight thirty, be ready by then." He focused his attention on me, passing me a quick smile. It seemed like a proud one.