2 || The Sorting Ceremony

AN:// hi babes sorry I went missing, if you can't tell I have zero commitment hehe, but I'm still trying. don't forget to vote pls.

As I got down from the boat with a little help from George, we finally go into the castle, and after walking up some stairs we are met by Minnie, she is like a grandmother to me, since my real grandparents are dead, she was there for dad when he was at school and after what happened with the Potters, and the marauders, she helped him keep going. She explains to us how we still have to be sorted into our houses, and then we will eat dinner and be taken to our dorms, today is a Friday so we still have the weekend to get more comfortable here.

When we all walked into the great hall, we were met by many students, already on their house tables, and when we arrived at where we were going to wait to be sorted.

"Once your name is called you will come and sit in this chair and the sorting hat will be placed in your head and it'll sort you into your house." It was nice having Minnie explain everything, it felt homey.

"Wicked" and the twins keep talking in unison, but I don't find it annoying anymore, and I just now realize that George has been holding my hand all this time, and I feel weirdly ok with it.

Several people had been already sorted by the time I heard my name being called, since my last name is Lupin I'm not that far along on the list.

As I sat down and felt the hat being put on my head I started hearing a voice, and naturally, I screamed "calm down child, I'm just sorting you but I need you to be alright with my decision so I'm discussing it with you, yes?" "yes sorry" "good, now, I see a lot of bravery, and a need to prove yourself, a lot of loyalty and I can see that you would do anything for the people you care about, so it better be, GRYFFINDOR."

The whole Gryffindor table erupts with cheers, so I'm going to guess the last word was heard by everyone. As I walk to it Fred gives me a thumbs up and George high fives me, and when I finally get to the table, I see a few redheads I'm assuming are also Weasleys because I recognize charlie, "well, it looks like you're stuck with me now kiddo, ill make sure you are always safe, and ill trust my siblings to make sure you are always having fun" after hearing charlie say this and without thinking I hug him, he tenses up at first but then gives in and says "I've finally broken your ice shield, it'll be fun to be your big brother from now on."

Fred and George were also sorted into Gryffindor and I'm happy for them because they really wanted it. and when the ceremony is over dumbledore gives a speech and then we eat dinner, it was delicious, and then charlie takes us to the common room and the female prefect shows me and the other girls to our dorms, that's when I break apart from the guys and I meet this girl Angelina, apparently I'm going to share a dorm with her and she seems nice so I'm giving it a chance.