Chapter 44: Angel Of Music

Kazuki hadn't questioned the younger girl. He wanted to ask so much, learn so much, from the elusive elf that hid from him in plain sight. Right in front of her though she was, it was like she was out of touch. It was as if he was suddenly blind, unable to move without her assistance which he so craved. His love was sudden, abrupt, and out of nowhere like the flash of lightning on the surface of the horizon.

And though his heart pounded at her proximity, his confusion for the spontaneity of his feelings for her prevented him from fully committing to the realization. Yet, with the blind soul he was, he all but clutched onto her frail hand that could have slipped away at any minute. And, if ever it happened where she could not lead him through the newly discovered path beyond the garden's moss, he would be lost. The world he knew would mean nothing anymore.

It frightened him how sudden it inflicted him. It frightened him how strongly he felt. It frightened him how inconvenient it all was. And yet, he had experienced it before, unknowing of how truly powerful the drug of affection was. Perhaps that was why his grip on (Y/n)'s precious hand was so tight. Truthfully, he had no idea if he would survive being abandoned again. If another one he loved so dear slipped from his grasp, he would have gone along with them.

And although the blonde tried so desperately to hide his true feelings on the matter, the (h/c) haired girl showed him such kindness. Her leading hand never left his despite the patheticness he exhibited. She looked back at him, giving a comforting smile, and led him through the darkness that surrounded him. His heart would not stop trying to push him next to her; to walk alongside her instead of behind her like a stray sheep.

The younger girl was fully aware of the confusion that the male was bathing in. As such, she wanted nothing more than to cheer him up and show him some more fun. He held the goldfish he had won in his free hand, no doubt intending on gifting it to his younger brother. Nonetheless, he needed something for himself that he didn't have to share with someone else in the way he was so used to.

Thus, she wanted to give him his lesson in cooking. She didn't know how he would survive without proper nutrition, and she knew for a fact that eating burnt and indeterminate pieces of food was poor for his health. Well, eating a cake wasn't any better, but at least it looked edible. The point would be baking and decorating it for fun, not to make up for the male's lack of a balanced and well-cooked diet.

As they walked into a nearby grocery store, the younger girl took a shopping cart, taking note of the way Kazuki quickened his pace to walk closer to her. She wasn't able to hold his hand, but he didn't mind it. He was close enough to her to be at ease, or somewhat of it anyway. His mind was spinning, and the only thing that was still and right was the sight of the younger girl before him.

(Y/n) took some groceries they needed from the shelf, noting that they were low on flour, sugar, and milk. It also wouldn't have hurt to pick up some more apples for Kazuki. He seemed to be fond of them even though they weren't the sweetest of fruits. The trip itself was short, and before lunch, the two had returned back to the empty penthouse. It was presumably so because Ichiro had gone out for another photoshoot or to look after his shop.

Nonetheless, when the blonde's stomach rumbled and his face turned red again, the younger girl decided on cooking an actual meal first. It was a simple grilled cheese and tomato soup, but Kazuki was grateful for it. He was being spoiled on the taste of his homeland; a place he both couldn't live with and couldn't live without. However, as he ate, he didn't say a word. He hadn't said a word since she had ended their last conversation, just regressed into his own mind as he often preferred to do.

The male didn't make a move to show affection nor made a move towards being shown affection. As such, when the younger girl sat next to him, there was no reaction. The same was true for when she grabbed onto his arm playfully. Again, nothing. He, himself, was surprised when he made a bit of a squeak as she moved under his arm and laid her head down on his lap. His cheeks turned the slightest shade darker unnoticeable by the human eye, but he felt it nonetheless.