The past

Izzy looked at the discarded items she felt her heart drop. Earlier when Solon alerted them that there was a strange disturbance in a small part of town, she hoped that Javi was alright, knowing that he liked to walk in that area whenever he was in town.

The team quickly teleported to the location only to find a guitar, a harmonica, a phone and an airpod case. Izzy felt her heart drop, recognising the items. When Javi didn't respond to his communicator, part of her was worried that something was wrong, another part of her hoped that Javi got lost in his music and didn't hear the communicator go off. It had happened before whenever he took off and didn't answer her calls. But now, seeing the discarded items, there was no denying it. Something had happened to her brother. There was no way Javi would carelessly leave his instruments just laying around. Epically not in the middle of the street. A small part of her hoped that this wasn't Javi's stuff as she walked over to the discarded phone and picked it up, turning it on her heart clenched when she saw the screensaver.

It was a picture of her and Javi, a few months after she and her mother had moved officially in with the Gracia family. They were both 10 and 13 at the time, her dad left her mom before she was born, so she never really knew him. But now she had a chance to not only have a dad, but also a brother! She was really excited to have a brother, but Javi didn't seem to have the same enthusiasm, in fact, he didn't seem to be happy at all. It was to be expected, his parents had a pretty bad divorce and Javi was still trying to recover from it. But he always excluded himself from family activities, like going to the park, or going to the museum, instead opting out for his secret spot (that she didn't know about that the time). But no matter how much Javi tried to exclude himself, Izzy tried twice as hard to include him in their activities. Then one night, she got out of bed for a glass of water and was making her way towards the kitchen when she thought she heard the strums of a guitar coming from Javi's room. It was faint so she opened the door so she could hear better and Javi looked at her with a panicked face before relaxing slightly.

"Hey," she greeted him

Javi didn't respond, but that was normal. Javi rarely spoke and barely made eye contact with anyone else in the family, it was driving his dad nuts, but luckily her mum was more patient. Telling him that Javi was still recovering from the divorce and the new marriage.

"that was a nice tune you were playing," Izzy said, hoping to get a word out, but no luck as Javi nodded his thanks before moving to put the guitar under his bed. "no wait!" Javi paused in his movements at stared at her "can you play some more?"

Javi responded by shoving his guitar under his bed and laying down on it to sleep. Izzy made her way out, making sure to close the door, now she was even more determined to get Javi to open up.
The next day, Izzy watched Javi closely for any sign of him taking out the guitar, but nothing happened. Well, more like he wasn't seen most of the day as he left early in the morning, just after her dad started his shift. A few days past and there was still no sign of Javi playing his guitar, then one night, Izzy had a nightmare. Izzy had been laying on the bed, panting to catch her breath and shake the memories when a knock on the door caught her attention. Javi walked in quietly with his guitar and a mug of hot chocolate, he sat down on the bed and handed her the mug of hot chocolate, she took a tiny sip and felt a little better.

She turned her attention back to Javi as he fiddled with his guitar before he began to slowly strum the cords to a gentle melody and quietly hummed along, Izzy immediately felt herself calm down, she placed the now empty mug on her bedside table and listened to Javi continue to play the tune until she fell asleep. The next morning when she woke up, she discovered that both Javi and the mug were gone, sitting up, she rubbed the sleep from her eyes just a Javi walked in with breakfast.

"I thought you might like to relax in bed for a while. I know it takes me a while to recover from a nightmare" he said quietly that Izzy almost missed it.

"uh...thanks" Izzy replied, not used to hearing Javi speak. Javi didn't say anything more as he placed the breakfast on her lap "ohh, waffles! My favourite! Who made them?"

"I did" Javi answered and Izzy held back a gasp, this was the most he had ever spoken to her before "I learnt how to make them after..." he trailed off and Izzy didn't push him, instead she took a bite out of the still warm waffles and was amazed at how delicious they were. Light and fluffy.

"thanks. And thanks for last night too"

"no problem. I always had hot chocolate every time I had a nightmare and it always calmed me down. I'm glad it did the same for you" he gave her a small smile before leaving the room.
There seemed to be a small change in Javi after that day, while he didn't talk or join in on their activities, he did start to hang around them more. Then one day, out of the blue, he decided to join them on one of their day trips to the water park in the town a few miles away. Izzy was really excited and spent the entire day dragging him around the park to go on rides while their parents spent some time alone. Javi seemed to had a great time as he smiled and even laughed as he went down the various rides with Izzy. Over the next few weeks, Javi started to participate more in family activities such as game night and movies.

Then on her 10th birthday, Javi woke her up early in the morning and took her to his secret spot and explained his secret. How he loved to play music but his dad didn't approve and he wanted to make sure she wouldn't tell him, Izzy immediately agreed and Javi played her a few of the songs he had been writing. When the sun began to rise, they both snuck back to the house and waited for their parents to wake up so they could properly celebrate her birthday as a family. They had a small party in the park with some of her friends and had a great time, then during clean up, Javi had approached her with a gift. When she opened it she gasped, it was a new set of headphones, but these ones were wireless, which meant they wouldn't get in the way when she did sports. Izzy squealed and leapt into Javi for a hug. She felt him stiffen and she suddenly remembered that Javi didn't like being touched a lot, but before she could pull away, Javi wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her tight. Once the hug broke up, their parents requested a picture of the two of them and they both agreed. It would be a reminder of the day that they both (properly) became siblings.

"Izzy?" Amelia's voice broke Izzy out of her thoughts and she turned to her teammates who were looking at her in concern

"This is definitely Javi's stuff," Izzy said as her eyes filled with tears. Amelia immediately pulled her in for a hug as she began to sob into her shirt, memories of Javi doing a similar thing to her whenever she got upset when they were younger.

"we'll find him," Zayto said, coming closer and placed a hand on her shoulder, he too looked troubled

"can Solon track him by his Morpher?" Ollie asked

"maybe, let's get back to base," Zayto said and picked up the discarded guitar while ollie picked up the harmonica, Izzy moved away from Amelia's shirt and picked up Javi's airpod case and turned off the music that was still playing. Then after making sure no one was looking, all 4 of them teleported back to the base.

I know Javi seems a little OOC in this, but I think that Javi is definitely the quieter one of the siblings and I think Izzy helped him to open up more, and while he does participate in conversations more, he is still quiet.