Omegaverse explanation

Dynamics/population
Alphas-
Make up 25% of the world
Betas-
Make up 50% off the world
Omegas-
Makes up 25% of the world while male omegas only make up 5% of the world.

Terms to know

Knotting
at the base of the alphas penis is a knot that will lock into an omega when the alphas reaching orgasm. It keeps the sperm in place increasing the chances of pregnancy

Scenting/Scents
anyone from any dynamic rubs their scent glands over an object or another person, temporarily claiming them. Usually to show ownership or for comfort.
Scent gland locations-Nape of the neck, inner wrist
Scents can change based on mood. Everyone has their own unique scent. After scenting another, a combination of the scents will be present but will eventually fade and will need to be scented occasionally. Anytime alphas and omegas are freshly scented they are extremely clingy.

Bonding
A bite to the scent gland acquired during sex that forms a connection. Ties the two people physically, mentally and emotionally. One can feel the others pain or emotions. An alpha will bond with either a beta or omega, the alpha may let the omega or beta bite them to show how much they respect or love the omega. Mostly seen in fated mates.
The best time for an alpha to bond with an omega is during their heat.
Temporary bond-formed when the gland in the wrist is bitten
Permanent bond-formed when the gland in the nape of the neck is bitten.

Nesting
Omegas build nest for security and safety. They will usually build a nest when they feel certain emotions, are in heat or are pregnant. Each omega is different and most of the time very picky. They build their nest to their liking using blankets, clothes, pillows, etc. They tend to try to use items from someone who comforts them such as their mate or someone else they are very close with who's scent calms them.
Omegas become very territorial of their nest and will act aggressively if someone tries to enter the nest with out receiving permission.

Mates
2 or more people in a relationship with or without a bond. The paring doesn't matter. Even 2 alphas can be mates, the more submissive of the two can produce slick due to the dominating pheromones of the other.

Slick
Refers to the lubrication that is created usually by an omega during heat or arousal to prepare them for sex. Betas and submissive alphas may also produce slick when in extreme arousal but not always. It is usually dependent on the scent of the pursuer.

Pups
Babies. Loss of a pup will put an omega in an extreme depression. Sometimes it may even lead to suicide.

Rut
Ruts can be experienced by both alphas and dominant male betas. Alphas experience ruts each month while betas experience them quarterly (every 3 moths). They became super horny and extremely sexually frustrated. Alphas can be pushed into rut by an overwhelming omega scent or when an omega is in heat. Although a bonded omega will not attract another alpha other than their mate. Ruts are similar to an omegas heat and will give them the desire to want to mate. They can cause an alpha to become more aggressive. Their rut will cause them to want to claim everything, sometimes shoving their knot into whatever hole they can. They often experience brain fog and wont remember most of what happened during this time. They become extremely sensitive to other dynamic's scents and their scent becomes even stronger. They become extra territorial. The first rut is the worst and ruts that aren't satisfied are painful. It is a terrible experience to spend alone.

Heat
Omegas go into heat monthly (female or male) and female betas experience heat quarterly (very 3 months) A beta or omega in heat will experience a strong urge to want to mate. They will hoard their favorite foods and will become more playful and flirty with their mate. Heats usually will last 3 to 7 days. An omega in heat will produce a large amount of slick and will be in excruciating pain. An omegas first heat doesn't cloud their judgement and lets them learn/understand what happens to their body but they can rarely conceive during their first heat. Every heat after that their judgement is compromised and they may not even remember what happened during this time. They will usually wear a scent collar to avoid unwanted permanet bonding. Omegas who are bonded have more painful heats because they are craving their mate specifically. Unbonded/unmated omegas will tend to use toys because they most likely spend their heats alone. The pain caused by their heat will fade temporarily after reaching orgasm. They feel a burning like they are on fire which usually causes a fever. It can be soothed by sex or even just touch. Sometimes cuddling is enough to help stop some of the discomfort from the heat. Painful episodes and demand for orgasm will come in waves but the heat wont reside. An omega's heat may end if they become pregnant but not always. After an omega's heat if they fail to conceive they will experience post coital grief (PCG) which in severe cases may cause extreme depression or sometimes even suicide. If mated to another omega the can still satisfy a heat through sex or touch but can not become pregnant. Omegas who spend a lot time hanging out or cuddling with another omega may cause their heats to sync up. Their first heat usually happens a week or so after presentation but not always. A female Beta will not experience her first heat until after she has both presented and has had her first menstrual cycle.

Suppressants
Can be used to suppress both ruts and heats. Prolonged usage is dangerous to the reproductive system.

Presenting
When a person's dynamic finally becomes apparent. This usually happens during puberty or early teenage years, most commonly around 14 but may happen as late as 18.

Fated mate
Rare occasion when an alpha and omega pairing are soulmates. After presenting if their partner has presented as well they can feel their emotions and pain without being bonded. They can find their mate by sniffing them out based on their scent. When a person is masking their scent they will not be detectable by their destined mate. If one is temporarily or permanently bonded they will not feel the others pain or emotion but the other will still feel what their partner is feeling unless they also are bonded with someone else. If they permanently bond with someone who isn't their fated mate they will never achieve true happiness. It happens a lot with early or premature bonding. If/when one is cheating the other will experience extreme pain unless bonded with someone else as well. Although this pain is tolerable for alphas it will most likely kill an omega.

Alphas
-make up 25% of the population
-dominant
-typically larger in size (height, muscle mass, etc)
-obtain a strong, overpowering unique scent and sharper canine teeth than the other dynamics
-experience "ruts"
-are short tempered and aggressive and will attack other alphas who upset them or make them angry. They get in more fights than any other dynamic.
-while presenting they will become territorial and scent everything in their possession They become sensitive to the cold due to body temperature increase and will become sensitive to another dynamic's scent.

Betas
-make up 50% of the population
-average everyday person
-usually have a better sense of smell but are only affected by extremely dominating scents
-generally have a very calming nature to them
-they are great peacemakers and can usually calm alphas in a heated argument until it escalates into a fight. At that point no one can stop them until one of them submits to the other or is killed.
-After presenting they can become more emotional. A female beta will experience abdominal cramps when going into heat (after presentation not all betas will go into heat right away). Females will still have a regular menstrual cycle, they will just become more fertile in heat. A betas scent is super weak and not always detectable.

Omegas
-make up 25% of the population
-Tend to be more submissive than alphas and betas
-generally smaller in height and muscle mass, more delicate appearance. They tend to have curvier hips to help with baring pups.
-can use their pheromones to effect others such as calming a child or arousing their alpha
-usually have much sweeter scents and perfect skin
-most fertile during their heat
-non-aggressive by nature, but will attack other omegas who flirt with or try to pursue their mate
-super cuddly with their mates as well as other omegas. It helps them feel loved and valued. They crave physical touches and easily become touch starved
-docile and calm but are extremely possessive
-very maternal
-right before presenting they may experience a fever/seem warmer (usually a few days prior) and possibly produce slick. The day before they tend to have a lack of appetite. They may experience some extreme cramping and sometimes experience weight gain. They became sensitive to the other dynamic's scents. They also go through many physical changes (They will obtain curvier hips and get clearer skin. Male omegas grow a uterus and they may even shrink).