Chapter 4 Serpant's Hand

(Meanwhile in Lara's room)

Lara was on the phone chatting with someone she was saying "you got what you needed... good. Things are fine here and don't worry I got this in the bag everything will be fine. Love you to".

She then hung up the phone and sighed. She then thought to herself "man this is getting harder and harder but I gotta keep going my efforts will soon pay off once I'm done. For now I just gotta keep going mom and dad. If you two see me right now from heaven I hope you two are proud of what I'm doing".

Lara then started to get changed out of her guard uniform as her work for the day was done when she heard knocking and crying at the door. Lara then wondered who could be knocking at her door at this time so she decided to cheek and see who it was. When she opened it she saw Crystal who still had some tears running down her face. When Lara saw Crystal was crying she let her in and sat her down.

Lara then asked while wiping the tears off Crystal's face "Hey what's wrong why are you crying".

Crystal sniffs and then tells Lara about what happened to her and what the mean ladies had said to her.

Lara groaned when she heard this and said in an annoyed voice "Ugh them Sorry about them Crystal they've been working at this place for a long time and it makes them think that they can do whatever they want and say whatever they want".

Crystal then asked "oh should I go tell the General about them"?

Lara answered "no he's in a bad mood right now this guy who's called Detective void had gotten more information on some SCP's and the General is very upset about it".

Crystal then asked "whose detective void"?

Lara then explained who he was "the guy is a retired detective who studies SCP's we don't know who he is or what he looks like because he's always wearing a mask here let me show you a video in his YouTube channel it'll give you a bit of a clue on who he is".

Lara then pulls out her computer and shows Crystal a video on his channel that talks about SCP 131. After the video was done Crystal then remembers something.

She said "hey I think he lived in my apartment complex once".

Lara looked at Crystal obviously curious by what she said. Crystal continued saying "I think he lived in the same apartment as I did but he moved. I never knew him well but he did have a mask like that and was always talking about strange things".

Lara said "is that so do you know where he moved to"?

Crystal shook her head and said "no he never said where he moved to and I didn't think anything of it. I don't go around meddling in other people's business".

Lara responded "ok yeah that's reasonable well where he is might always be a mystery".