Sleepy Surprise

I made this one at the ass crack if midnight so if you notice any spelling errors ignore them <3

Chiaki was sitting in bed, playing her console as she usually does this late at night. Though she wasn't staying up just for the fun it. She was waiting for someone to come back to their dorm.

Chiaki looked up at the time, 12:39AM. "He must be overworking himself again.." she said to herself with a worried expression.

The gamer sighed and stood up from the bed, going to the closet to change into another pair of clothes. She needed to get Kazuichi so he could get some rest.

It wasn't uncommon for her roommate to stay up late and work on machines and trinkets, but for some reason she couldn't sleep well thinking he wasn't in the safety of their dorm.

She didn't quite understand it but she didn't think about it, brushing it off as just 'caring a lot about him'. Besides, he had a crush on the princess our class.

I mean, who wouldn't? Sonia was a princess! And more than that, she's a really caring and nice person. Anyone would have a crush on her.

That didn't stop Chiaki from getting jealous however, she didn't understand why she would get so jealous whenever her roommate spent more time mooning over her.

Chiaki sighed and shook her head, she exited the dorm and locked it. Walking down the hallway to go to the school, that's where his lab is after all.

{yes I'm adding the labs from Killing Harmony}

However when she got the bottom of the dorm building, she saw two people dragging Kazuichi to the building.

Chiaki perked up a little and quickly walked over to them, "Keebo, Miu! What happened to Souda?" She asked them, to which Keebo replied, "Kazuichi was helping Miu install a function into me, he passed out a little while ago."

Miu rolled her eyes, "Yea little shark boy flaked out on me!" Keebo sighed, "He overworked himself a lot this time, it's best he get at least a few days of rest."

Chiaki nodded and smiled at them gratefully, "Thank you, the both of you. I was getting worried about this monkey wrench."

Keebo smiled, "I'm always willing to help my friends." Miu groaned, "Can we quit the chit chat!? Shark week over here is heavy as fuck!"

Chiaki nodded, "Follow me, we have the same dorm room." Chiaki led them inside the building, up to Chiaki and Kazuichi's dorm room.

Once they were there, Chiaki wrapped Kazuichi's arm around her shoulder, carrying him so Keebo and Miu could leave.

"Thank you both once again." She smiled softly, understanding why Miu was in such a hurry to get Kazuichi back to the dorm.

"Tell that little punk he owes me for passing out on me like that!" Miu pointed at him, "Ah, that won't be necessary. Just send him our regards." Keebo rolled his eyes at Miu's comment.

Chiaki nodded and turned away from the two, carrying Kazuichi into the dorm. Closing the door and locking it. She panted, "Jeez Kaz, I didn't think you'd be this heavy."

She heard her roommate stir and mumble something incomprehensible, she shook her head and spoke softly, "Let's get you to bed."

Chiaki carried him to his room, struggling to open his door. Kazuichi had become conscious enough to stumble to his bed as Chiaki carried him, lifting most of the weight off her shoulders.

She huffed in relief, glad she could at least catch her breath. She saw Kazuichi reach for something in his jumpsuit pocket, blinking tiredly as he pulled it out.

He showed her what he had in his hand, it was a medium sized mechanical toy of her favorite Mario character, Bowser.

(Bowser is her favorite character because I, the Chiaki kinnie writing this, says so)

Her eyes lit up and she took it into her hands, forgetting she was supposed to be carrying him and jumping slightly as a loud thud boomed through the room as Kazuichi hit the floor.

"Ahh! I'm sorry!" She quickly apologized, lifting him back up and sitting him up on his bed. She sat down beside him, admiring the Bowser toy he made her.

"Kaz I love it! Thank you!" She beamed, hugging him tightly.

Kazuichi yawned tiredly then began to explain, "It can count as a lighter, a night light, and a recorder. Pull the head backwards for the lighter, press the button for the night light, and that red button for the recorder."

Chiaki nodded, pulling the head of the Bowser back and awed as fire lit up. She let go of the Bowser head, watching the fire go out as it went back into place.

"How'd you find time to do this? It's amazing!" She looked up to him, stars practically in her eyes. "I did it all today, after classes ended." He answered groggily.

"So you weren't adding a new function into Keebo?" Chiaki tilted her head, confused as to why Miu and Keebo would lie about something like that.

"I wanted it to be a surprise, so I asked them if they could come up with an excuse if I passed out making it."

"A..surprise?" Chiaki's eyes widened, that feeling was coming back again. The one that made her heart race.

Not like how any type of video game would make her heart race, it was a different feeling than that. One she didn't understand all that well.

He nodded then smiled tiredly, "Yea..I felt like I owed it to you. You're so great and patient when it comes to me. I can be difficult at times but you're always there. I don't have to be scared that you'll leave."

Chiaki felt herself begin to blush, she covered her face in his chest. "S-stupid monkey wrench.." she was never this flustered in her life.

She looked up at him, to find that he was looking down at her with a soft, toothy smile. Her heart was pounding, she slowly grabbed onto the collar of his jumpsuit.

Slowly, she lifted her head up close to his, slightly closing her eyes. She hesitated, not knowing if he was ok with this.

She nervously cleared her throat, "K-Kaz...? Can I...can I kiss you.?"

She felt his hands place themselves on her face, closing the small gap between them. She sunk into the kiss, the two staying like that for a moment before pulling away.

They looked into each other's eyes, smiling at each other with bright blushes plastered on their faces.

"That would be a yes."

Chiaki and Kazuichi laughed, pulling each other into a hug. The two laid down on the bed, Chiaki burying her face into the crook of Kazuichi's neck.

She finally understood what this feeling was. Chiaki was in love, she was in love with her roommate.

Chiaki went to sleep in Kazuichi's arms happy and peaceful, smiling as she drifted off to sleep.

- - - - -

He makes her little figures of action figures, and fixes her consoles whenever she rages <3

Word Count: 1193