Peach Scone

Peach Scone by Hobo Johnson reminds me of them <3

Kazuichi sighed as he watched Sonia walk away with Gundham, holding onto his arm as they walked away from view.

This wasn't an uncommon thing to happen to the mechanic, he would get blown off almost everyday. At this point he just gave up.

He turned on his heel and started walking, despite not having a destination in mind. He just wanted to get away, from everyone and everything.

Kazuichi continued to walk, until hearing the sound of water. He looked up and noticed he was nearing a water fountain with a bench in front it, which a girl with light pinkish-strawberry colored hair with a Switch in her hand was sitting on.

"Uh Chiaki? Is that you?" Kazuichi spoke up, unsure if this was his classmate or not. The girl looked up, it was Chiaki!

"Kaz?? What are you doing here?" She asked, her calm, beautiful face turned into confusion. He rubbed the back of his neck, looking at the ground.

"To be honest err...I was just walking around.." he sighed, putting his hands in his jacket pocket.

He was wearing a sweater and a jacket over that, with a magenta scarf around his neck. It was fall and it was cold out, however he noticed that Chiaki was only wearing her uniform and nothing to keep her warm.

She looked at him, patting the space on the bench beside her. "Huh..? Oh, ok." He stammered out, sitting down awkwardly beside her.

They had the same teacher and classmates, but never really interacted much. She sat in the back while he sat in the front, and she was always away during lunch.

They sat in a sort of awkward silence, Kazuichi cleared his throat. "Uhh..what are you doing here? It's freezing out here, ya know?"

Chiaki stared at her Switch, playing a game Kazuichi didn't really recognize. "I'm waiting for someone, Hinata, he's a Reserve Course student."

"The Reserve Course huh, could there be any reason he didn't show up?" Kazuichi asked, sitting back on the bench and looking up at the clouds.

"I'm not sure, he's sometimes late so I figured this is one of those times." She said, her attention still focused on the game.

"Hmm, guess I'll wait with you then. It's dangerous to be out here alone ya know." Kazuichi put both hands behind his head, one leg over the other.

Kazuichi suddenly felt the urge to protect Chiaki, she was rather small, and he knew she could probably defend herself easily but still, he'd hate it for anything to happen to her.

Kazuichi continued to stare up at the clouds, watching them float by as the cool fall air drifted them along.

The only sound behind the video game Chiaki was playing, the water of the water fountain behind them, and the leaves rustling as the wind blew through the branches.

The awkward silence had turned comfortable and the two sat there, for who knows how long. Kazuichi blinked out of his daze, realizing the sun had begun to set.

'Guess that Hinata guy was a no-show' he thought.

He looked at Chiaki, she was still playing her game. He could tell she was disappointed, looking up when she lost her game.

"This is the third time this week..." she said to herself, Kazuichi sitting up. "Third time?? That guy has blown you off three times??"

This had unintentionally made her more upset, "Blown off..? Is that what Hinata is doing?" Kazuichi waved his hands frantically, "Aah! Maybe he isn't! Maybe he got into detention or something, or he just forgot??"

Chiaki sighed and stood up, "It's fine I suppose.." Kazuichi stood up as well, mentally slapping himself for being so straightforward. "Hey..." he started.

Chiaki looked up at him with sad, pale pink eyes. He looked down nervously and awkwardly took off his beanie, fiddling with it. "I know..how it feels. To get blown off..."

"But, I know someway that could maybe make you feel better." He looked at her, her eyes scanning his face. After a while she spoke, "What is it?"

Kazuichi put his beanie back on, smiling as he pointed into a certain direction. "There's this really good place that serves the greatest scones, I'm sure you'll like it!"

Chiaki thought for a moment before nodding, without another word, the two started walking in the direction Kazuichi had pointed.

They were walking along the sidewalk, passing by the different stores and restaurants on the sides. Kazuichi looked at Chiaki through the corner of his eye and noticed she was shivering a little.

"Hey uhh Chiaki." He looked at her fully now, Chiaki looking up at him. "You can wear these if you'd like." He said, taking off his jacket and scarf and handing them to her.

Her eyes widened slightly but she smiled and nodded, "Thank you, Kaz." Kazuichi smiled, "Ahh it's nothing. Don't want you freezing before you could try some of the delicious scones."

Chiaki tilted her head, "What kinda scones are there?" Kazuichi put a hand on his hip and the other on his chin, "Let's seeee. There's strawberry, raspberry, blueberry-" he looked at Chiaki.

Taking a look at her features, her beautiful pale pink eyes staring into his bright pink ones. Her face smooth and a pale blush dusted across her face, she was wearing his scarf so he couldn't see the other half of her face.

He felt his face begin to heat up, feeling something in his stomach. "Peach." He finished, smiling as he looked down at her. "Peach?" She repeated, touching her chin with her hand.

Kazuichi nodded, "Yep! I have a feeling you'll like that one."

"How so?"

"Cause you're so peachy! I-In a good way!"

- - - - - - - - -

I cant get over how cute they are I'm gonna lose my freaking mind

Word Count: 987