Expiry Date

Yuzuru woke up to the feeling of suffocating and immediately heard Emily whispering next to him.

-Don't move, Zu.

He turned his head to her and slowly opened his eyes, looking into her terrified expression as her eyes were fixed in horror at something on his chest.
He slowly turned his head back and saw Bellatrix sitting on top of him, looking as if she was patiently waiting for him to die so she could eat him.

-D-Didn't you close the door when we went to bed last night?

-I-I did.

Yuzuru said, trying to suppress coughing so he wouldn't startle his captivator and end up with a scratch over his face.

-Great....so now it can open doors as well.

Emily rubbed her eyes, trying to get the image of the cat from King's Pet Sematary out of her mind.

-It has a name. And she needs just a little bit of love, no?

Yuzuru lifted his hand to pat Bellatrix, trying to pretend he is all cool and fine, even though he was quite scared himself, just trying to save his face in front of Emily.
To his great relief, the cat began to purr once more and rubbed her ear against Yuzuru's palm before falling on her side between them and again waiting for more.

-Okay, she is off of you now, run....

-I won't leave her. You also didn't give up on me.

Yuzuru lifted himself up on his elbow and turned on the side, slowly stroking Bellatrix's back but avoiding touching her belly.

-I think I just picked the only cat in the world that doesn't like belly rubs, that's all.

-If you think that is the only thing that is wrong with her, you are very naive.

-Well, I wasn't naive for a long time. I kinda missed it.

Yuzuru smiled and Emily began to think that maybe he really picked the right cat to take care of.
She slowly slid from underneath the duvet and went to make them breakfast, leaving those two to bond, hearing Yuzuru quietly whispering something in Japanese to the cat as she was leaving the room.

When almost finished, she went to get the dining table ready, suddenly hearing a loud yelp from the bedroom.

-Fuck!!

And a second later FuckSake darted from the room, zooming across the hallway with her fluffy tail sticking up.

-You okay, Zu?!

Emily called out, doing her best not to start laughing.

-Yeah!

-Did she scratch you again?!